cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox API2 Swift Examples

Dropbox API2 Swift Examples

Raheel S.
Explorer | Level 3

Hello, Been a while since I've lookd/worked with the dropbox API. I was discouraged the last time I dedicate more than a year on perfecting an app for Datastore API.  (anyway)..

I've looked at the v2 API. I wanted to look at a worthy example that shows some capabilities of api2. 

Mostly: I'm concerned about efficiency of 

1. Downloading a chuck of newly created files.

2. Listening to a folderpath for file changes and calling the function (firstpoint) again.

I want to continously monitor a folderpath for changes and discover new changes (basically a sync API)

But i want to look at examples, all I see is a PhotoWatch. (😤)

Would appreciate someone pointing me to a github or atleast some pointers. At this time, there should be some many examples floating around. (I shouldn't have to write a simple sync logic)

1 Reply 1

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

In addition to the PhotoWatch sample you already mentioned, we also have some samples on the GitHub page here. Apologies there aren't more!

For reference though, for downloading files, you would use the download methods, and for listening for changes, you would use listFolderLongpoll. If you run in to any issues with those, let me know and we'll be happy to help.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?