cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox Core API mobile platform in C#

Dropbox Core API mobile platform in C#

Nagaraj M.
New member | Level 1

I'm making a mobile application using Xamarin where I want my user to authorize them to Dropbox folder. I learned that there are several C# libraries used for Dropbox integration. But everything (DropNet, DropboxRestAPI etc) seems to have been built for integrating into the web applications and not in the mobile applications.
Here is what I'm trying to achieve.

1. Authorize Dropbox using the dropbox application installed on the phone and not by launching the browser in the mobile app
  2. Get the request token
  3. Exchange the request token into access token

Is there any way I can do this?

5 Replies 5

Steve M.
Dropbox Staff

The Dropbox application on Windows Phone doesn't support #1, sorry. We'll consider this a feature request, but for now you'll need to use the native browser on the device or an embedded browser control in your app.

Nagaraj M.
New member | Level 1

@Steve, I forgot to tell you that, I'm using xamarin for developing iOS applications and not for the windows phone. So according your lines, #1 doesn't support on windows phone but should do on iPhone I believe.
Could you please help me on that?

Steve M.
Dropbox Staff

Oh, sorry. There's no documentation for the protocol used to talk to the Dropbox app on the phone, but you might want to take a look at the source code for the iOS Core SDK to see how it works.

Steve M.
Dropbox Staff

Jan_Zeman
Helpful | Level 6

Core API is available by now on Xamarin. Xamarin iOS since July 2015, Xamarin Droid since January 2016.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jan_Zeman Helpful | Level 6
    Steve M. Dropbox Staff
    Nagaraj M. New member | Level 1
What do Dropbox user levels mean?