cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Dropbox/apps/appfolder accidentally deleted

Dropbox/apps/appfolder accidentally deleted

Magiclantern
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hi all,

i accidentally deleted my appfolder that was generated automatically while creating the app. 

When I try to recreate the folder it seems that it is not linked to the app and it is not working anymore.

i am accessing the app through a generated token from a Windows service that to upload my file. Now the app is not working after deleting the folder in restore it again.

anyhelp 

thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
If you delete an app's app folder, that will effectively unlink the app, so further API calls will fail.

If you want to use the app again, you'll need to link the app to your account again. (Just restoring the folder won't do this.) To relink the app, you can either process the OAuth app authorization flow, or generate a new token from the App Console.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
If you delete an app's app folder, that will effectively unlink the app, so further API calls will fail.

If you want to use the app again, you'll need to link the app to your account again. (Just restoring the folder won't do this.) To relink the app, you can either process the OAuth app authorization flow, or generate a new token from the App Console.

Magiclantern
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

thank you for your reply.. if i generated a new token, will the old generated token still work?

i compiled my code with the old token and i cannot recompile it again to use the new one

thanks

Magiclantern
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

update ..

problem solved. and yes the old generated token will still work.

thank you very much for the support

Need more support?