cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox for Xamarin.Android

Dropbox for Xamarin.Android

Sereekjan
New member | Level 2

I used to use Dropbox.CoreApi.Android. When v1 had retired, i was trying to use v2. But i got this issue:

Severity	Code	Description	Project	File	Line	Suppression State
Error		Exception while loading assemblies: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load assembly 'Microsoft.Threading.Tasks, Version=1.0.12.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a'. Perhaps it doesn't exist in the Mono for Android profile?
Имя файла: 'Microsoft.Threading.Tasks.dll'
   в Java.Interop.Tools.Cecil.DirectoryAssemblyResolver.Resolve(AssemblyNameReference reference, ReaderParameters parameters)
   в Xamarin.Android.Tasks.ResolveAssemblies.AddAssemblyReferences(ICollection`1 assemblies, AssemblyDefinition assembly, Boolean topLevel)
   в Xamarin.Android.Tasks.ResolveAssemblies.Execute()			

Some minutes of googling later i found that the .NET part of  Dropbox API is for WPF.(Is it true?)

I can't find Xamarin.Android samples with using v2. There are only old projects with v1.

1 Reply 1

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
The official Dropbox API v2 .NET SDK doesn't support Xamarin. You can find its supported platforms and system requirements here:

https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/API-support/Dropbox-for-Xamarin-Android/m-p/244204#M13699

We can't provide support for third party libraries, but there are some Xamarin libraries for API v2 listed here that may be helpful:

https://www.dropbox.com/developers/documentation/communitysdks
Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?