cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 400 while uploading a file

Error 400 while uploading a file

namithasalian
Explorer | Level 3

dropbox rest APi was working good so far. Nevertheless i am facing a new issue while uploading file

[ Error in call to API function "files/upload": Bad HTTP "Content-Type" header: "multipart/form-data; boundary=--------------------------887865632890002114004440".  Expecting one of "application/octet-stream", "text/plain; charset=dropbox-cors-hack".] with my ios9 application.

kindly help me with this

1 Reply 1

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Your app appears to be sending a "multipart" Content-Type, instead of one of the allowed values: "application/octet-stream" or "text/plain; charset=dropbox-cors-hack". You'll need to make make sure your app only sends one of those allowed values.

Exactly how you do this depends on what SDK/library/HTTP client you're using. It looks like you're probably not using one of our SDKs, so I'm afraid I can't offer specific instructions. Sometimes, HTTP clients will automatically choose a Content-Type value like that, so you'll need to refer to the documentation for whatever client you're using for instructions on how to specify it properly.
Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?