cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Folders/Files missing after new computer switch mishap...

Folders/Files missing after new computer switch mishap...

philipkd
Collaborator | Level 8
Go to solution

Nebulous runs on v1, which was deprecated. Permanote runs on v2. I warned users to switch to Permanote a year ago, but now the holdouts who are switching late are finding they can't see any of the files in their folders on Permanote.

I found one creative hack which is to create a new folder on dropbox.com and then copy contents of the old folder into the new one.

The theory is that folders created in v1 are now somehow tainted. Is my theory correct? Is there anything more I can do to help these old users?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

@philipkd The version of the API used to create files/folders does not somehow taint those files/folders. 

Are you sure these users are looking in the right folders, and the right accounts?

If you can reproduce any API calls yielding unexpected results, please share the details and we'll be happy to look into it.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

@philipkd The version of the API used to create files/folders does not somehow taint those files/folders. 

Are you sure these users are looking in the right folders, and the right accounts?

If you can reproduce any API calls yielding unexpected results, please share the details and we'll be happy to look into it.

philipkd
Collaborator | Level 8
Go to solution
Oh wow, okay I'll check with the users. Could be user error.
Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

philipkd Collaborator | Level 8
    Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?