cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I tell if my app needs the API v1.2

How do I tell if my app needs the API v1.2

tpChug
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

It doesn't appear that my app is using the API v1.   Is this possible that my app doesn't use API v1 or v2 interface with dropbox?  How can I determine this.   I read a previous post about looking into the DBSession.m file to determine the API version, but I don't have a DBSesson.m file.   It's been so long since I wrote the app in Objective C that I can't seem to figure out if I need to update my app.  Any help is greatly appreciated.   

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks! That SDK does use API v1, so you will need to migrate to API v2.

We have API v2 SDKs for both Objective-C and Swift.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

What SDK/library and version are you using? I can tell you which API it uses.

Alternatively, if you're not using an SDK or library, check if the API endpoints you're calling contain /1/ or /2/.

tpChug
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

I’m not sure how to tell which library and version I’m using.    Under libraries and frameworks  I have Dropbox.framework listed.  Under the list of all of the header files in the framework I don’t see a version number.  In my project folder I have a folder titled dropbox-ios-sync-sdk-3.1.1  but I can’t be sure that is what was installed.    I did a search on any text in my code for /1/ or /2/ and I found no matches.   Does this help?

I really feel stupid that I’m not able to figure this out on my own.   I’m obviously not fluent Mac/iPhone app developer but was able to build a nice powerful app years ago in Objective C and the good example code I got from Dropbox.

Your help is appreciated.

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks! That SDK does use API v1, so you will need to migrate to API v2.

We have API v2 SDKs for both Objective-C and Swift.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
    tpChug Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?