cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IE does not show dropbox thumbnail

IE does not show dropbox thumbnail

alkotsov
Explorer | Level 3

Hi

I try to use end point get_thumbnail with correct parameters as url for image. All works properly in Firefox and Chrome. But IE 11 and 10 does not show uimage. Although in IE debug window it is shown that iage was loaded and even image itsel can be viewed.

To reproduce problem click https://jsfiddle.net/bzadb3m7/ in IE and Firefox.

In the last case in the bottom right the image will be shown. In IE will not.

Is there way to use thumbnail in IE?

3 Replies 3

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for the report! First, for reference, we highly discourage embedding calls like this into HTML pages, as you're exposing the access token. A malicious visitor to the page could extract the access token and access the account via the API. (You should revoke the one you used on that JSFiddle.)

Anyway, I'll ask the team to look into this, but since this appears to be specific to IE, and this practice isn't recommended anyway, I can't promise this is something we'll be able to fix.

alkotsov
Explorer | Level 3

Can you give the recommended way for showing of thumbnails in web application?

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Exactly how you do this will depend on your setup, but in general you can download the thumbnail data from the Dropbox API to your server, and then just serve that data out normally as an image.
Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
    alkotsov Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?