cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We want to hear from you on accessibility tools and features for Dropbox - get involved in the conversation here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Is there a JavaScript Embedding API for Paper

Is there a JavaScript Embedding API for Paper

Annegret F.
New member | Level 1

We used to embed Hackpads using the JavaScript Embedding API. Is there a similar thing available for Dropbox Paper and/or is it something similar coming soon? Is there an alternative way of embedding Paper Docs?

12 Replies 12

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

No, we don't currently have an API for or way to embed Paper, but I'll be sure to pass this along as a feature request. I can't promise if or when we would have something like that though.

Annegret F.
New member | Level 1

Thanks! Just a way of embedding would make it a lot more powerful. We really like the clear structure and functionalities beyond Hackpad

Ed C.16
New member | Level 1

Hi.

I'd like to second the request for a means to embed paper docs as was possible in hackpad. 

Ideally we could grab a list of folders then list documents comtained via an api and then embed the doc content. 

Thanks!

Ackbar J.
New member | Level 1

me too, it was a very useful feature and one of the main reasons we used Hackpad, and now I am having to move away to Google docs because of this

Karrla
New member | Level 1

Another request for embedding a Paper doc

Gregory D.4
New member | Level 1

Yes, I am developing an application and would love to embed Dropbox Paper in my application

전영배
New member | Level 2

PLEASE! What a great news T.T

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
For reference, we now have a Paper API:

https://www.dropbox.com/developers/documentation/http/documentation#paper

It doesn't offer a way to embed documents, but we'll still tracking that in particular that as a feature request.

Bill A.1
Helpful | Level 7

Would also like to embed Paper docs online. 

One thing that keeps us from really dedicating our team's docs to Paper is the filing system. It would be great if Paper could integrate into Dropbox somehow, or store physical files in our Dropbox account for Paper. We lose stuff too easily in Paper even though the product itself is great. 

Need more support?