cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

[Java] How to use getMetaData() API in v2 to fetch the folder results

[Java] How to use getMetaData() API in v2 to fetch the folder results

vb_dolphiner
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I was already using getMetaData() API in v1 to fetch the folder content. How to use the same to fetch the folder content in v2 as I can no longer find the contents API in v2?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

With the API v2 Java SDK, you should use listFolder (or listFolderBuilder) and listFolderContinue to list the contents of a folder.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

With the API v2 Java SDK, you should use listFolder (or listFolderBuilder) and listFolderContinue to list the contents of a folder.

vb_dolphiner
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

If my Dropbox contains a long list of files and I am caching this file list, I know how to get the entire list. But how can I request for a list that contains only deleted or added files since my last request. I could find the API getCursor but I am not sure how to use this in my scenario.

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Once you have a cursor, e.g., from a previous call to listFolder or listFolderContinue, you can later call back to listFolderContinue, passing in that cursot value, to get information on only what has changed.

There's a basic example here. That example is mainly for paging through current results, but it works the same way for getting updated results over time.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
    vb_dolphiner New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?