cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't make folders available offline on Ipad Pro

I can't make folders available offline on Ipad Pro

mariesofie
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi, 

I recently bought an Ipad Pro. I have a hard time getting my dropbox to work which is very frustrating. I have tried to make my entire dropbox available offline (as on my Macbook) but without success, because it says I need to upgrade to Dropbox Plus. I can only choose individual files and make them available offline. Can this be true? 

It's quite time consuming to select all files in a folder instead of the folder as a hole. I hope you can help me!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Daphne
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey there @mariesofie, thanks for reaching out to us here!

To offline folders on the Dropbox mobile app, you would indeed need to have a Dropbox Plus, Professional or Business plan to use this feature.

You can check out some more info on this from here.

It sounds like you're using a Basic account, in which case you'll need to make the files available offline individually.

I hope this info helps, let me know if you have any questions!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Daphne
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey there @mariesofie, thanks for reaching out to us here!

To offline folders on the Dropbox mobile app, you would indeed need to have a Dropbox Plus, Professional or Business plan to use this feature.

You can check out some more info on this from here.

It sounds like you're using a Basic account, in which case you'll need to make the files available offline individually.

I hope this info helps, let me know if you have any questions!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

mariesofie
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi!

Thank you for your reply. I do have a basic account. I just don't understand why there has to be a difference from iPad to computer... 

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@mariesofie wrote:

I just don't understand why there has to be a difference from iPad to computer... 

The mobile apps don't sync files like the desktop app on your computer does. The mobiles apps just show you a list of what's in your account, and allow you to view/download the files as you need them. This keeps the bulk of your files off of your device's internal storage since most devices have limited space available.

For those with increased storage on their device, they can make files available offline which will download the file and store it on the device. Those with a Plus, Professional or Business account can also mark entire folders as available offline. Marking an entire folder is a premium feature which is not available on Basic accounts.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
    mariesofie New member | Level 2
    Daphne Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?