cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

No mute option when deleting files? Android SDK

No mute option when deleting files? Android SDK

Fahad G.
Explorer | Level 4

The mute option seems to work great for uploads, but strangely I can't find an option to mute deletions. The app deletes and uploads app-specific files and the user should not have to care or learn about these events. Please can we have an option to mute deletions as well?

5 Replies 5

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Thanks for the request! I can't make any promises, but I'll send this along to the team.

Jan_Zeman
Helpful | Level 6

Hi Greg,

Any update on this?

Best

Jan

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

@Jan_Zeman No, I don't have an update on this.

Jan_Zeman
Helpful | Level 6

Hi @Greg-DB, thank you for your fast reply. Would it be possible to follow up on this too? Doesn't it sound 100% logical what @Fahad G. wrote? I have always been wondering the same. Why not to provide the same mute parameter for other operations (like delete) too? Would it be possible to at least get the answer from your dev team on this?

On the other hand I am afraid that even if the Delete operation gets this mute paramenter my headaches disappear first once your dev team removes ALL APPS RELATED notifications on your client desktop programs (both Windows and Mac) as we have discussed number of times on few other forum threads. Why do I think so? Because yesterday I found just another thread where people complain that mute paramenter does not always work. I will repeat myself but the absolutely simplest and imho most reliable solution is to modify your desktop clients so that those BY DEFAULT NEVER SHOW ANY NOTIFICATIONS THAT ARE APPS RELATED. That must be achievable with just one of two IF statements in your client code.

Thank you so much for following up on those. As said elsewhere please feel free to contact me if more info needed.

Best regards

Jan

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

@Jan_Zeman Thanks for following up. This is open as a feature request from the team, but I don't have any news on it. I'm not aware of any current plans to implement this, but I'll be happy to reply here if/when I do have any news.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
    Jan_Zeman Helpful | Level 6
What do Dropbox user levels mean?