Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Objective-C, Downloading a file - No such file or directory

SOLVED
8 Comments
2 Kudos
Highlighted

Objective-C, Downloading a file - No such file or directory

I'm getting an error I don't understand, both files seem correct.

I'm trying to download a file, I've firstly produced a list of files from a folder and I've selected one which I'm trying to download. Here's the information from the list. The list is produced from the app folder.

File data: {
    "client_modified" = "2016-11-26T18:10:56Z";
    "content_hash" = snip;
    id = "id:5snip";
    name = "2016-November-26 Sat 18-10-55.bg";
    "path_display" = "/2016-November-26 Sat 18-10-55.bg";
    "path_lower" = "/2016-november-26 sat 18-10-55.bg";
    rev = 18c04ebcd7f;
    "server_modified" = "2016-11-26T18:10:57Z";
    size = 516096;
}

I've been trying to adapt the following example code, with the path of my database file.

NSArray *paths = NSSearchPathForDirectoriesInDomains(NSDocumentDirectory, NSUserDomainMask, YES);
    NSString *documentsDirectory = [paths objectAtIndex:0];
    NSString *dbPath = [documentsDirectory stringByAppendingPathComponent:@"bc.db"];
    NSURL *outputUrl = [NSURL fileURLWithPath:dbPath];
//        
//        NSFileManager *fileManager = [NSFileManager defaultManager];
//        NSURL *outputDirectory = [fileManager URLsForDirectory:NSDocumentDirectory inDomains:NSUserDomainMask][0];
//        NSURL *outputUrl = [outputDirectory URLByAppendingPathComponent:@"bc.db"];

[[[client.filesRoutes downloadUrl:selectedFile.pathLower overwrite:YES destination:outputUrl]
          setResponseBlock:^(DBFILESFileMetadata *result, DBFILESDownloadError *routeError, DBRequestError *networkError,
                             NSURL *destination) {
              if (result) {
                  NSLog(@"%@\n", result);
                  NSData *data = [[NSFileManager defaultManager] contentsAtPath:[destination path]];
                  NSString *dataStr = [[NSString alloc] initWithData:data encoding:NSUTF8StringEncoding];
                  NSLog(@"%@\n", dataStr);
              } else {
                  NSLog(@"%@\n%@\n", routeError, networkError);
              }
          }] setProgressBlock:^(int64_t bytesDownloaded, int64_t totalBytesDownloaded, int64_t totalBytesExpectedToDownload) {
              NSLog(@"%lld\n%lld\n%lld\n", bytesDownloaded, totalBytesDownloaded, totalBytesExpectedToDownload);
          }];

However I'm getting this error, I'm just not sure what the error is saying or why it's occuring.

DropboxClientError[{
    NSError = "Error Domain=NSCocoaErrorDomain Code=4 \"\U201cCFNetworkDownload_jkkasL.tmp\U201d couldn\U2019t be moved to \U201cDocuments\U201d because either the former doesn't exist, or the folder containing the latter doesn't exist.\" 

UserInfo={NSSourceFilePathErrorKey=/Users/jm/Library/Developer/CoreSimulator/Devices/F8650859-3E9D-4317-93C7-BEAEC0511EB2/data/Containers/Data/Application/837F319D-68AF-444F-988E-4F7471CF792A/Library/Caches/com.apple.nsurlsessiond/Downloads/com.snip.snip/CFNetworkDownload_jkkasL.tmp, 

NSUserStringVariant=(\n    Move\n), 

NSDestinationFilePath=/Users/jm/Library/Developer/CoreSimulator/Devices/F8650859-3E9D-4317-93C7-BEAEC0511EB2/data/Containers/Data/Application/837F319D-68AF-444F-988E-4F7471CF792A/Documents/bc.db, 

NSFilePath=/Users/jm/Library/Developer/CoreSimulator/Devices/F8650859-3E9D-4317-93C7-BEAEC0511EB2/data/Containers/Data/Application/837F319D-68AF-444F-988E-4F7471CF792A/Library/Caches/com.apple.nsurlsessiond/Downloads/com.snip.snip/CFNetworkDownload_jkkasL.tmp, 

NSUnderlyingError=0x600000240150 {Error Domain=NSPOSIXErrorDomain Code=2 \"No such file or directory\"}}";
}];

Any help appreciated.

1 Accepted solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Dropboxer

Re: Objective-C, Downloading a file - No such file or directory

I suspect you're using an older version of the SDK. Please update to v3.1.1 and let us know if this issue persists.

8 Replies
Solution
Dropboxer

I suspect you're using an older version of the SDK. Please update to v3.1.1 and let us know if this issue persists.

I am yes, I was hoping to keep iOS 8 support in my app?

I've also seen migrate from v1 to v2 process, would I need to call this also?

Thanks.
Dropboxer

The problem with keeping iOS 8 support is that it involves breaking our Dropbox auth flow to some extent, which was why we dropped support in the first place.

As I have mentioned elsewhere on the forum, iOS adoption rates are quite low (<3 % of all iOS users). Dropbox on iOS itself requires iOS >= 9 as well.

At this point, there's not too much of a workaround I can recommend other than using this buggy (and somewhat broken) version of the SDK, unless you're prepared to drop iOS 8 support.

I'm sorry, I wish I could be more helpful.

Yeah I guess it's not a big deal dropping iOS8.

I'm sure while googling to find answers, I saw some code for migration v1 users to v2. Do I need this?

If so do you know where I might find the required code, can't find it now.

Level 2

Thanks Stephen slightly smiling face, I wrestled with this for some time - error implies an invalid path and all I could imagine was I needed a specific combination of root slash prefix, Apps/appname/ prefix, urlencoding of filenames with blanks.  Nothing seemed to work, and the method doc says almost nothing.  So this didn't even work until the 3.1.1 release 2 days ago?  I have to say this is grim for developers who need their apps updated and working in 4 weeks (or is this an iOS 8 only problem?  I was building for iOS 8, switching to 9 now!).  I thought it would be easy, updated my code, started testing, read a directory fine, and began seeing odd problems like this.

Dropboxer

Thanks for the feedback, Mark, and apologies for the inconvenience here.

This particular issue was fixed about a month ago in v3.0.18, but there have been a few minor improvements since then.

Please reach out if you run into any more odd issues, or have any feedback for the SDK.

Level 2

Any chance updated version will be available via Pod?

Currently ObjectiveDropboxOfficial intalled as version 3.0.15 and similiar issue preventing from stable download files from dropbox.

Dropboxer

@Yuri555: Want to update to v3.3.3?