Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PHP SDK for API v2

48 Comments
85 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1

PHP SDK for API v2

Is there any news on a PHP SDK for the API v2 now that the v1 API is about to be deprecated?

48 Replies
Dropboxer

Re: PHP SDK for API v2

Hi Lars, I don't have any news on if or when we might release an official PHP SDK for API v2, but I'll be sure to pass this along as a a request for one.

Level 1

How about the migration guide? Adding guidelines for PHP is mentioned in the open issues.

Dropboxer

I don't have any update on a migration guide for the v1 PHP SDK specifically, but I'll consider this a request for one as well.

Level 1

Another vote for this. I find this whole thing a little crazy.

As recently as last month the PHP SDK was being promoted on your site (see https://web.archive.org/web/20160505032529/https://www.dropbox.com/developers/documentation). This was silently dropped, though the SDK itself remains hosted on the official Dropbox Github, and has been getting updates as of 5 days ago.

There are no doubt hundreds of apps rely on this, and as it stands they'll all cease to function in a year, unless we hack together our own API client. Note that many of those apps (including my own) are used every day by your paying customers, and in many cases are the reason why those customers pay you.

I'd be totally happy to help contribute to upgrading the current SDK to use v2, but there needs to be someone from Dropbox spearheading the project, even if it's just creating a new repo or branch for the updated version.

Please don't abandon your developer community!

Dropboxer

Thanks for the feedback Ian!

Level 1

+1 for this. we got an internal app that we built and that we bought dropbox accounts for. please don't abandon this.

Level 1

+1 for this

Level 1

+1, I would also need an Dropbox PHP API for Version 2. Without this, I would need to drop Dropbox Support for my Applications and Customers.

Level 1

Strange that you announce the old API deprecation before having a new PHP SDK version up and running.

No doubt we expect that