cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Real Example of ListFolderContinue: method in Objective-C

Real Example of ListFolderContinue: method in Objective-C

ponkymar
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Can someone please provide me a real example to show how listfoldercontinue: method works with listfolder: in objective-c or in swift? I have read 100 times the description of listfoldercontinue: method but can't understand in the right way. my folder always remains empty.

Previously I was using servermodified to know when the contents of a folder metdata changed.

To Dropbox team: Is it possible to get clientmodified and servermodified properties for DBFILESFolderMeta as well too just like we have clientModified and serverModified properties are available only for DBFILESFileMetadata?

Thank You

Ponky 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
The team just added a new sample to the README that shows how to use listFolder and listFolderContinue together:

https://github.com/dropbox/dropbox-sdk-obj-c#rpc-style-request

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

*moves to API forum*

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Thanks for the post! I don't believe we have a sample exactly like that available, so I'll send this along as a request for one.

I'm also sending this along as a request for modified times on non-file metadata, but I can't make any promises as to if or when that would be implemented and released. Using listFolder/listFolderContinue is a better way to keep track of changes.

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
The team just added a new sample to the README that shows how to use listFolder and listFolderContinue together:

https://github.com/dropbox/dropbox-sdk-obj-c#rpc-style-request

Hope this helps!

ponkymar
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

To Dropbox Team, 

Thank You for providing real example of listfolderContinue: method. Also now no need of timestamp property (like servermodified) for non-file type. 

Thank You again, 

brduffy
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Here is some example Swift code based on the Objective C code. This works for me to get all of the folders and directories including shared folders and directories.

func listFolderContinueWithClient(client: DropboxClient, cursor: String) { client.files.listFolderContinue(cursor: cursor).response { response, error in if let result = response { print("entries in continue:") for entry in result.entries { //if entry.name.hasSuffix(".fm") { if let folder = entry as? Files.FolderMetadata { print("directory") print(entry.pathDisplay!) self.dropBoxDirectoryArray.append(URL(fileURLWithPath: entry.pathLower!)) }else{ //print(entry.name) print(entry.pathDisplay!) self.dropBoxFileArray.append(URL(fileURLWithPath: entry.pathLower!)) } } if result.hasMore == true { self.listFolderContinueWithClient(client: client, cursor: cursor) }else{ print("no more entries") } } else { print("Error: \(error!)") } } } // FIXME: - root controler button click @objc func onClickBarButton(sender: UIBarButtonItem) { if sender.tag == 40 { // get from dropBox print("This is Directory Array") dump(self.dropBoxDirectoryArray) print("This is File array") dump(self.dropBoxFileArray) if let client = DropboxClientsManager.authorizedClient { client.files.listFolder(path: "", recursive: true).response { response, error in if let result = response { print("Folder contents:") for entry in result.entries { //if entry.name.hasSuffix(".fm") { if let folder = entry as? Files.FolderMetadata { print("directory") print(entry.pathLower!) // check for unmounted folders with a null pathLower self.dropBoxDirectoryArray.append(URL(fileURLWithPath: entry.pathLower!)) }else{ //print(entry.name) print(entry.pathDisplay!) self.dropBoxFileArray.append(URL(fileURLWithPath: entry.pathLower!)) } } if result.hasMore == true { self.listFolderContinueWithClient(client: client, cursor: result.cursor) }else{ } } else { print("Error: \(error!)") } } }else{ var topController = UIApplication.shared.keyWindow?.rootViewController while let presentedViewController = topController!.presentedViewController { topController = presentedViewController } DropboxClientsManager.authorizeFromController(UIApplication.shared, controller: topController, openURL: { (url: URL) -> Void in UIApplication.shared.open(url, options: [:], completionHandler: nil) }) } }

siddharth chauhan
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

in recursive call shouldn't it be

self.listFolderContinueWithClient(client: client, cursor: result.cursor)

instead of this

self.listFolderContinueWithClient(client: client, cursor: cursor)

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

@siddharth chauhan Yes, you're correct. The app should use the latest returned cursor, which would be result.cursor there.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
    siddharth chauhan New member | Level 2
    brduffy Explorer | Level 4
    ponkymar Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?