cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Request to publish a subset of dropbox java library

Request to publish a subset of dropbox java library

n. masafumi
New member | Level 2

I looked at the transition of the number of functions contained in the library of recent dropbox.

In the following investigation, I created a sample application, bundled a library of dropbox in it, created a apk file using proguard, and examined it by D & D to android studio.

v3.0.3 - 14,064
v3.0.4 - 24,764
v3.0.5 - 24,946
v3.0.6 - 31,374

The function is increasing more and more.

As you know, android has a 64K method limitation problem.

In any case, it will exceed that limit in conjunction with functions of other libraries.

Of course, using MultiDex may also be a solution.

However, there is a simpler way than such a way to force users inconvenience.

It is to publish a subset version of the library of dropbox.
What I need is a very basic function, that is, upload files, download them, get a list of files being uploaded, rename and delete the uploaded files. Only this. I think that this functionality is what many users are asking for.

Since it is OK in the future, when publishing a new library, by all means please submit a subset version of this level at the same time.

I wrote various kinds of complaints, but I am very satisfied with the function of the library and I would like to continue using it in the future.

So, I hopefully wish the development team to take up the opinion of this one user, I would like to end it.

Thank you very much.

1 Reply 1

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Thanks for the feedback! I'm sending it along to the team.
Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?