cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SDK not compatible with Unity3D (.Net 2.0 mono)

SDK not compatible with Unity3D (.Net 2.0 mono)

jenseno
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hi. I'm working on integrating dropbox support in my Unity3D app.

I can use the SDK just fine from regular .net, but it's not compatible with monos .net 2.0 SDK which Unity uses.

I'm looking for a straight C# solution as it needs to be compiled for both PC, Android and iOS.

Does anyone have experience with getting the SDK running in .net 2.0?

Otherwise my next plan will be using the HTTP SDK.

Thanks in advance

Odin

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Each of the endpoints uses one of a few formats, indicated in the "endpoint format" section of the documentation for the endpoint. For example, /2/files/get_metadata uses the RPC format and /2/files/download uses the Content-download format. That Request and response formats section explains how each format works.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
The Dropbox API v2 .NET SDK doesn't officially support Unity unfortunately, so I'm afraid I can't offer a good solution here. I'll send this along as a feature request for Unity support to the team, but I can't make any promises as to if or when that would be implemented.

jenseno
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Ok thanks 🙂

I'm trying to access the REST API from Unity now. It works even though it took me som use of Fiddler to find out your response was in the responce header and not the body. But I guess I should have read the documentation 😉

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Each of the endpoints uses one of a few formats, indicated in the "endpoint format" section of the documentation for the endpoint. For example, /2/files/get_metadata uses the RPC format and /2/files/download uses the Content-download format. That Request and response formats section explains how each format works.

jenseno
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Thanks for all your help. Your REST API is very simply and I already got upload and download working.

Next I'll try my hands at the authentication 😉

Regards

Odin

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

jenseno Explorer | Level 4
    Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?