cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Swift SDK macOS auth in own WebView

Swift SDK macOS auth in own WebView

3ernd
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi there!

I use the SwiftyDropbox SDK.

My App was rejected, because the auth flow opens the safari browser.

I was requested to use my own Safari View Controller to display the login dialog.

As i understand the SDK, this is not possible as the SDK opens the default browser itself.

Is there a way to use an own window?

Should i object to the rejection?

Thank you for any advice.

Here is what i got from Apple:

---

To resolve this issue, please revise your app to enable users to sign in or register for an account in the app.

We recommend implementing the Safari View Controller API to display web content within your app. The Safari View Controller allows the display of a URL and inspection of the certificate from an embedded browser in an app so that customers can verify the webpage URL and SSL certificate to confirm they are entering their sign in credentials into a legitimate page.

---

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
The SwiftyDropbox SDK should already be compliant with Apple's rules. For example, it does already use SFSafariViewController on iOS. (Make sure you're using the latest version of SwiftyDropbox though, currently v4.2.1.)

You mentioned that this is for macOS though. To my understanding, macOS does not offer SFSafariViewController. This seems to be confirmed by the SFSafariViewController documentation, which only lists iOS, not macOS:

https://developer.apple.com/documentation/safariservices/sfsafariviewcontroller

I recommend requesting clarification from Apple on this.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
The SwiftyDropbox SDK should already be compliant with Apple's rules. For example, it does already use SFSafariViewController on iOS. (Make sure you're using the latest version of SwiftyDropbox though, currently v4.2.1.)

You mentioned that this is for macOS though. To my understanding, macOS does not offer SFSafariViewController. This seems to be confirmed by the SFSafariViewController documentation, which only lists iOS, not macOS:

https://developer.apple.com/documentation/safariservices/sfsafariviewcontroller

I recommend requesting clarification from Apple on this.

3ernd
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
Apple let the App through after i referenced the Dropbox SDK, which states that opening a browser is the only auth method on macOS. It was enough to answer to them. It took 2 Days for them react.

Thank You for your help.
Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

3ernd New member | Level 2
    Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?