cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: SwiftyDropbox "unlinkClients" not present in package, can't clear session

SwiftyDropbox "unlinkClients" not present in package, can't clear session

CarolinaK
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Hi,

I've recently noticed that I can't get rid of a session with my ios app. When I call  `print(DropboxClientsManager.authorizedClient.debugDescription)` even when I call DropboxClientsManager.unlinkClients() from my applicationWillTerminate it still contains an dropboxClient object. What happens right after the application start when I call `

handleRedirectURL` is that it will skip the login screen and still contains the `SwiftyDropbox.DropboxClient` object and it's not `nil` when I debug.

I haven't changed any of the code handling the login and the login/logout functionality worked pretty well a few weeks ago (I was able to see the login screen each time I restarted  the app). Is there something else that I could be missing? I noted that the icloud keychain is disabled at the moment so it couldn't be that. 

Thanks for the help in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

CarolinaK
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

This is what I used to delete all keychains from the app:

func deleteAllKeysForSecClass(_ secClass: CFTypeRef) {
        let dict: [NSString : Any] = [kSecClass : secClass]
        let result = SecItemDelete(dict as CFDictionary)
        assert(result == noErr || result == errSecItemNotFound, "Error deleting keychain data (\(result))")
    }
        deleteAllKeysForSecClass(kSecClassGenericPassword)
        deleteAllKeysForSecClass(kSecClassInternetPassword)
        deleteAllKeysForSecClass(kSecClassCertificate)
        deleteAllKeysForSecClass(kSecClassKey)
        deleteAllKeysForSecClass(kSecClassIdentity)

View solution in original post

12 Replies 12

CarolinaK
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

I should note that the session still persists even when I uninstall and re-install the app.

Also the docs say you should call DropboxClient.unlinkClients but I can't find that on the package code, only

DropboxClientsManager.unlinkClients() 

works

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Thanks for the report. Calling DropboxClientsManager.unlinkClients() should remove the stored access tokens in the keychain and reset the stored authorizedClient, so what you're describing is unexpected. (Also, thanks for the note about the documentation. I'll ask the team to update that to correctly reflect DropboxClientsManager.unlinkClients.)

Are you seeing this issue on multiple devices? Do you get any error/output in the log when calling DropboxClientsManager.unlinkClients()?

CarolinaK
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Hi, thanks for the fast reply. I didn't see any errors when I used an iPad (model A1403) , but I tried an iPod (A1421) the login flow works just fine, it goes straight to the login form. Other users have reported this error on a similar iPad and iPad pro. We're all on iOS version 9.3.5. 

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks, since this is only occurring on some devices, there may be something device-specific, or specific to certain instances or versions of your app.

Is there anything unusual about how your app is set up with respect to the Keychain? It sounds like perhaps the SDK isn't able to clear the access tokens from the keychain as intended when calling unlinkClients. (That's what I was looking for when asking for error messages.)

If you can share the relevant code snippets, or ideally a sample project that demonstrates the issue, that would be helpful.

Alternatively, can you try running this earlier than applicationWillTerminate? From the documentation there:

"Your implementation of this method has approximately five seconds to perform any tasks and return. If the method does not return before time expires, the system may kill the process altogether."

If that takes a long time to run for some reason, it may not complete in time.

CarolinaK
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Hi,

these are code snippets in AppDelegate.swift containing Dropbox login/logout functionality 

func application(_ application: UIApplication, didFinishLaunchingWithOptions launchOptions: [UIApplicationLaunchOptionsKey: Any]?) -> Bool {
        UIApplication.shared.isStatusBarHidden = true
        // Setup Drobox app Key
        DropboxClientsManager.setupWithAppKey(dropboxKey)
        return true
    }

func applicationDidFinishLaunching(_ application: UIApplication) {

if DropboxClientsManager.authorizedClient != nil {
            storyBoard = UIStoryboard(name: Constants.controllerName.mainController, bundle: nil)
            tabBarViewController = storyBoard.instantiateViewController(withIdentifier: Constants.controllerName.tabBar) as! UITabBarController
            tabBarViewController.delegate = self
            window?.rootViewController = tabBarViewController
            switchController(tabBarViewController)
        } else {
            switchController(loginViewController)

}
    }

func applicationWillTerminate(_ application: UIApplication) {
        DropboxClientsManager.unlinkClients()
        self.sessionCleanup(entity: "EntityName") 
    }

func application(_ app: UIApplication, open url: URL, options: [UIApplicationOpenURLOptionsKey : Any] = [:]) -> Bool {
        // Manage Dropbox redirect to Login
        if let authResult = DropboxClientsManager.handleRedirectURL(url) {
            switch authResult {
            case .success:
                print("Info: Success! User is logged into Dropbox.")
                UserDefaults.standard.set(true, forKey: "HasLaunchedOnce")
                UserDefaults.standard.synchronize()
            case .cancel:
                print("Cance: Authorization flow was manually canceled by user!")
            case .error(_, let description):
                print("Error: \(description)")
            }
        }
        return true
    }

CarolinaK
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

I was able to delete everything in the keychain and that worked as well. Right now I'm looking into the github repo for Swifty dropbox and checking if I can just delete the dropbox token explicitly since I really would like to preserve the functionality of logout on app close.

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for the information! Can you elaborate on what exactly you did to clear the Keychain to get that working though? (This is supposed to be done automatically for you.)

You can see where this is done in the SDK in the following stack of DropboxClientsManager.unlinkClients -> DropboxOAuthManager.clearStoredAccessTokens - > Keychain.clear:

Also, did you get a chance to review the questions in my last reply? E.g., did you try moving the call to see if it's a timing issue?

CarolinaK
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution
Hi, yes! I tried applicationDidEnterBackground which also has a bit about not going longer than 5 secs: 'Your implementation of this method has approximately five seconds to perform any tasks and return' and it had the same result anyway (no logout).

I implemented a button with a function containing DropboxClientsManager.unlinkClients() and that worked fine too. I'm just a little perplexed why it won't work on the app lifecycle methods.

CarolinaK
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

This is what I used to delete all keychains from the app:

func deleteAllKeysForSecClass(_ secClass: CFTypeRef) {
        let dict: [NSString : Any] = [kSecClass : secClass]
        let result = SecItemDelete(dict as CFDictionary)
        assert(result == noErr || result == errSecItemNotFound, "Error deleting keychain data (\(result))")
    }
        deleteAllKeysForSecClass(kSecClassGenericPassword)
        deleteAllKeysForSecClass(kSecClassInternetPassword)
        deleteAllKeysForSecClass(kSecClassCertificate)
        deleteAllKeysForSecClass(kSecClassKey)
        deleteAllKeysForSecClass(kSecClassIdentity)

Need more support?