cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The method files().saveUrlCheckJobStatus("asyncJobId") returns FAILED after sharing folder

The method files().saveUrlCheckJobStatus("asyncJobId") returns FAILED after sharing folder

chiennt
Explorer | Level 3

Problem

Using dropbox-core-sdk-2.1.2.jar in our application and created a full dropbox app to work with dropbox API. This is my code used to save an url to a dropbox path and check whether the save url is completed yet.

Step 1. Saves a url to a dropbox path 

1. SaveUrlResult result = getDropboxClient().files().saveUrl(path, url);
2. // returns either SaveUrlResult.Tag.ASYNC_JOB_ID or SaveUrlResult.Tag.COMPLETE
3. // Given that dropbox path=/Delivery/ClientFolder/Subfolder/blahblah/test.jpg

Step 2. Check the save url job of an asyncJobId to see if the file saving from a url has been completed yet.

4. SaveUrlJobStatus saveUrlJobStatus = getDropboxClient().files()
.saveUrlCheckJobStatus(asyncJobId);

5. LOG.trace("saveUrlJobStatus: {}", saveUrlJobStatus.tag().name());

6. if (SaveUrlJobStatus.Tag.FAILED.equals(saveUrlJobStatus.tag())) {
7.     LOG.error("saveUrlError: {}", saveUrlJobStatus.getFailedValue());
4. }

The above code segment seems to work as expected. I can see this from the output logs:

saveUrlJobStatus: COMPLETE

I then go to dropbox and share the folder /Delivery/ClientFolder to our client so that they could sync the folder to their dropbox account. After doing so, the method saveUrlCheckJobStatus() always returns FAILED for any asyncJobId.

saveUrlJobStatus: FAILED
saveUrlError: NOT_FOUND

Does anyone know why this happens after sharing folder? 

********** ********** ********** ********** ********** ********** ********** ********** ********** ********** ********** ********** ********** *****

I looked into dropbox API java docs and it mentions that "The file where the URL is saved to no longer exists." (below) that seems not to suggest any idea to fix. Same error when doing the above 2 steps using API explorer.

public final class SaveUrlError {
    /**
     * Discriminating tag type for {@link SaveUrlError}.
     */
    public enum Tag {
        /**
         * The file where the URL is saved to no longer exists.
         */
        NOT_FOUND,
}

Also, tried removing the unshare but still does not work after having the problem. Only until I delete the folder "ClientFolder" and it works again but we need to share folder to our client to sync files after uploading.

So any idea that would be very much appreciated!

Thanks 

2 Replies 2

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Thanks for the detailed report! We're looking into it.

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
This should be fixed now.
Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?