cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using REST API v2 Looking for a way to have returned list of directories in root directory

Using REST API v2 Looking for a way to have returned list of directories in root directory

TarDruggan
Explorer | Level 4

Developing a client to use DropBox using C++ on a low resource device (no harddrive).

Would like to list the contents of a directory such that directories are list at the top and any files below. I have searched through the API list and have found out how to use:

• /files/search 
  • /files/list_folder

but neither of these let me order or filter the results bases on the basis of file vs folder. Since this is a low resource box it is not possible to cache data between sessions. 

My Use Case is a user that has a few thousand files and 10 directories in the root directory.  It would be a poor user experience to download information on each file every time the user I want to list the root directory.

Is there a API or path I missed?

Thank You

2 Replies 2

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
The API unfortunately doesn't offer sorting/filtering options for listing files and folders like this, but I'll pass this along as a feature request. Apologies I don't have a better answer for you!

TarDruggan
Explorer | Level 4

Thank You for the information. I will follow the API updates as you release them.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

TarDruggan Explorer | Level 4
    Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?