cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V2 Chooser SDK?

V2 Chooser SDK?

DeanBlakely
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I implemented an android app over a year ago using the Dropbox Chooser.  This was based, I guess, on V1.  It was a snap.  I think I did it all in one day - wrote less than 10 lines of code, dropped the dropboxChooserSDK into my project and I was done.

I see I am now forced to migrate to your V2 api.  There does not appear to be a V2 chooser that I can "drop in."  Am I going to have to learn your entire V2 api to retain the same functionality I have now?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
The Chooser actually isn't built on the API (v1 or v2). It's a separate piece of functionality, and isn't affected by the API v1 deprecation, so you don't need to update your Chooser integration.

View solution in original post

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Yes, the iOS Chooser likewise doesn't use the Dropbox API and isn't affected by the API v1 retirement.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
The Chooser actually isn't built on the API (v1 or v2). It's a separate piece of functionality, and isn't affected by the API v1 deprecation, so you don't need to update your Chooser integration.

DeanBlakely
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

thanks.  I didn't catch that in your docs but great news.

PaulRSchmidt
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Is the iOS chooser also immune to the API change? It's last modification looks like February 2014

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Yes, the iOS Chooser likewise doesn't use the Dropbox API and isn't affected by the API v1 retirement.
Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
    PaulRSchmidt New member | Level 2
    DeanBlakely Explorer | Level 4
What do Dropbox user levels mean?