cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where to put redirect URL after authentication?

Where to put redirect URL after authentication?

fmmmf
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Fairly new to the .net architecture and trying to incorporate the dropbox API into our webapp - we have OAuth set up, and currently we are sending both antiforgerytokens and the redirect URL in the 'state' parameter (as seen here) however the encrypted state we are sending becomes too long as the redirect URL is long to begin with - was wondering if there's another way to send the redirect URL (not the redirect URI which is generated by the app...) via the API so the user is able to go back to our web app after authentication?

Also from the embedded link above: the "redirect_uri String? Where to redirect the user after authorization has completed. " sentence is kind of misleading, almost as though this is the parameter im looking for but its asking for the Dropbox generated URI and not the redirect url (where to send the user after auth).

Any help is much appreciated, thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
I'm afraid I'm not sure I follow. Generally, there should just be a single redirect URI, which is specific to your app and should be supplied by your app in the 'redirect_uri' URL parameter, and not in the 'state' parameter.

Can you share a sample that shows the problem you're running in to?

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
I'm afraid I'm not sure I follow. Generally, there should just be a single redirect URI, which is specific to your app and should be supplied by your app in the 'redirect_uri' URL parameter, and not in the 'state' parameter.

Can you share a sample that shows the problem you're running in to?

fmmmf
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution
Sorry we got it sorted, there was an architectural issue on our end. Thanks though!
Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

fmmmf Explorer | Level 3
    Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?