cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can't find "File Requests API"

can't find "File Requests API"

c. cody
New member | Level 1

not yet?

51 Replies 51

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

It's not currently available, and we don't have any plans to share regarding potentially adding support for File Requests to the Dropbox API, but I'll be sure to pass this along as a feature request!

David H.195
New member | Level 1

I could really use this feature at the API level.  I need to be able to create a File Request in code so I can email the link to clients.  Why would this not be part of the API?  Very useful feature to have, I strongly encourage it to be added.  Btw, I use the Java Core API.

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for the feedback! I'll be sure to record your request for this too.

Jim H.63
New member | Level 1

Agree - it would be very useful!

Ramith J.
New member | Level 1

Just adding another +1 here. File Requests are one of the most potentially useful features Dropbox has, but if its not programmatic its nearly useless.

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for the feedback everyone! It's very helpful in determining how to prioritize features like this.

Steven L.24
New member | Level 1

Adding another +1 here – the ability to programmatically upload files to a File Request would be great to have.

Steve M.
Dropbox Staff

Steven, I think I understand the use cases for programmatically creating a file request, but I haven't heard many requests yet to programmatically upload a file to an existing file request.

Would you mind describing your use case?

Jim H.63
New member | Level 1

Steve M. I would be glad to go into further detail about how it would be useful for us but for not sufice it to say: This would be a huge improvement for us and our ability to utilize Dropbox.  it would increase our ability to work with clients and their submission of documents much more efficiently and securely. 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
    Adica S. New member | Level 1
    Fred S.14 New member | Level 1
    King E.1 New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?