cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: [has_more] => 1 (but there are no more files to retrieve)

[has_more] => 1 (but there are no more files to retrieve)

axew3
Collaborator | Level 8
Go to solution

Hello, i found a problem on calling shared links, that i've finally resolve, with a further check after, but it is not clear to me (maybe it is normal). The App type is an App folder, in the dropbox test account there are more files, but are out of the dedicated APP folder.

A curl to get shared links, return

[has_more] => 1

and relative cursor.

But there are not more files to retrieve in true in the APP folder. So after a loop that i was not understanding, i found out that to avoid this false positive (as i want only shared links inside the Apps -> MylinkedAPPfoldername) i had to check that returned array links[]  of the second call, isn't an empty array.

Well, i could also prevent the second fake curl call (as the first return that there are more links, but instead there are not in the app folder) counting that the first returned array, is almost 200.

I'm wrong  in something, as +- ever!?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Thanks for the report! This is a known issue, but I don't have a timeline for a fix right now.

View solution in original post

axew3
Collaborator | Level 8
Go to solution

p.s to be more precise for who can read this:
a dbx curl call in this case (shared links), should return [has_more] => 1 if there are more than 200 files to retrieve. If there are not more files to retrieve, but the array contain by the way the
[has_more] => 1
by counting first returned result, checking that it contain at least 200 keys, we can be sure there are more files to retrieve ... well not completely sure because ....
we'll check that the next call, will not be maybe empty, in the case files to retrieve was exactly 200 ... mh maybe this can happen rarely ... but of course can happen, so better expect it. In this way, nothing can fail.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Thanks for the report! This is a known issue, but I don't have a timeline for a fix right now.

axew3
Collaborator | Level 8
Go to solution
Hello Greg, it's not a big bug, as we can count with easy the first returned array!
It's really easy to fix. Thank you 😉

axew3
Collaborator | Level 8
Go to solution

p.s to be more precise for who can read this:
a dbx curl call in this case (shared links), should return [has_more] => 1 if there are more than 200 files to retrieve. If there are not more files to retrieve, but the array contain by the way the
[has_more] => 1
by counting first returned result, checking that it contain at least 200 keys, we can be sure there are more files to retrieve ... well not completely sure because ....
we'll check that the next call, will not be maybe empty, in the case files to retrieve was exactly 200 ... mh maybe this can happen rarely ... but of course can happen, so better expect it. In this way, nothing can fail.

Need more support?