cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS downloadData returns nil for fileContents

iOS downloadData returns nil for fileContents

Ernest T.
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

iOS / objective C / cocoapods

With api version 3.0.5, everything works file

With api version 3.0.15, I'm not able to download a file using client.fileRoutes downloadData ....

No Error (both error vars are nil)

DBFILESFileMetadata returns valid metadata (I can see correct timestamp of file)

But...

fileContents is nil *** (should contain data)

Again, it works fine on older api version but if I update using cocoapods, I get this problem.

Is this something anyone has heard of before?

Thanks,

Ernie

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hi Ernie, there have been some bug fixes in recent versions. Can you install the latest version, currently v3.3.4, and let us know if it doesn't help? Thanks in advance!

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hi Ernie, there have been some bug fixes in recent versions. Can you install the latest version, currently v3.3.4, and let us know if it doesn't help? Thanks in advance!

Ernest T.
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Ah, I see the issue now.  I was using a platform of ios 8.0, and the newer versions require 9.0, so the newest version didn't actually install.

I want to keep supporting 8.0 so I'll continue using your older version for the time being, but at least I know what's going on now.

Thanks for the help!

Ernie

thoainguyen
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I had the same issues. But it haven't resolved yet although I installed the latest version 3.3.4.

thoainguyen
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Okay resolved. Because cocoapod doc said "if the version is not declared cocoapod will automatically install the latest version". But actually when I checked my podfile.lock I found out that my current version of ObjectiveDropboxOffical is 3.0.15. 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

thoainguyen New member | Level 2
    Ernest T. Explorer | Level 3
    Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?