cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

save_url endpoint

save_url endpoint

Klaus A.
Helpful | Level 5

Hi,

I really would like to use the save_url endpoint to save user created data from a server to the user's dropbox account.

Alas, I can't. In my case, and I am sure in many other applications too, access to the user data at the specified url requires inclusion of an authorization header in the GET request. 

The current save_url parameters contain only destination pathname and origin url. 

It would be nice to have an optional additional field in the parameters for the save_url enpoint that specifies the authorization header to include in the GET request.

Something like:

"authorization_header_to_include": "Authorization: urlspecificbearer some_access_token",

The value of the "authorization_header_to_include" field would then literally be included in the GET request header.

3 Replies 3

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Thanks for the post! I'm sending this along as a feature request.

I can't make any promises as to if or when that would be added though, so if you control the resource host, as a workaround you can instead generate URLs that contain random, unguessable tokens, and/or that are time-limited which you would then supply to Dropbox.

Klaus A.
Helpful | Level 5

Thanks Greg,

What in addition would be REALLY great if there were also an optional "url_method" member with the possible values GET (default), PUT and POST. That would make the save_url endpoint a great feature to save and restore server based user data to DropBox.

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Thanks! I'll send that request along too.
Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
    Klaus A. Helpful | Level 5
What do Dropbox user levels mean?