cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We want to make our Community work for you and we need your help. Take our short survey!
Close

About the Dropbox Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Basic understanding of Community Help

Highlighted

Basic understanding of Community Help

Explorer | Level 4

Asked here as my first focus is on using Dropbox.  If this question is more appropriate for Community Improvements, please let me know and I'll repost it there.

When I see a similar question on screen right, and choose it, the question and reply have so far all had blue lock triangles, and no edit field for further replies.  Doesn't that mean that each modification of a similar question has to be separately asked?  

In addition, if the reply from the Community reveals a misunderstanding of the question, or an unhelpful answer, may not the issue be further replied to, perhaps by others?

1 Reply 1
Highlighted

Re: Basic understanding of Community Help

Super User II
Super User II

If a topic is locked and you have a similar question, you can start a new topic and link to the older one. If it still applies, a moderator may merge and reopen the previous topic (that's what I usually do, anyway).

Lately there are several Dropboxers that feel the need to close topics that they feel have been asnwered. I find it just causes more clutter so I usually go around reopening them and merging other, relavent topics into one, as they're posted.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?