Announcements
Update: Find information on Dropbox support during COVID-19 here
Close
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Do I get notification of an answer I get in the Community?

Explorer | Level 4

When I ask a question here, do I get notification of an answer?  I have found on many community help sites for other apps that relocating my original question is hard.

3 Replies 3
Highlighted

Re: Question One Notification

Super User II
Super User II

That depends on your notification settings, and whether or not you've checked the box when posting your question or reply.

I think by default you will, because I had to create a filter to auto-archive all the crap notifications I was getting.

Explorer | Level 4

Thanks.  It's pretty much the same on other community-style Q&A centers.  The notification has a link to the forum, but finding the original question is still potentially a chore.  Happily, in this case, the question was near the top, and the answer was clear enough to aid recall of the original.  

Might it be useful to have a link to all questions by a given member? One could get to Community, enter the member id and find all questions by that member.  It will help me in future, no doubt, and may help others.

Highlighted

Super User II
Super User II

A link to all posts by a given user is available on that user's profile page. Here's the link to yours:

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Need more support?