cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We love to hear how every person gets the most from Dropbox, and it seems everyone has a slightly different use for it - tell us yours here!

About the Dropbox Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I remove photos from the Forum?

How do I remove photos from the Forum?

Tim42c
Helpful | Level 6

In my Dropbox Forum profile, I uploaded a background image, then an avatar, then an updated avatar image... and then saw that all of these photos can be viewed and downloaded at full size?!

Color me surprised. Not what I expected. I want to remove them... dug around for 5 minutes and did not find that option.

How do I remove my photos from the forum? 

Thx - T

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: How do I remove photos from the Forum?

Tim42c
Helpful | Level 6

Summary: @Ed directed me to the Gallery of Images, where users can delete photos.

Steps to Delete a Photo

1) Go to the Image Gallery from Profile -> Photos -> Upload an Image.

2) Hover over a photo to see an "x"; click it to delete that one image. 

Optional batch mode: click three dot "..." menu and "Enable Batch Processing". Checkboxes will be shown on each image; click the box(es) to select images, then use the menu to "Delete All Checked Images".

All_Images_for_Tim42c_-_Dropbox_Community.pngenable_batch_processing.png

batch_menu.png

View solution in original post

12 Replies 12

Nate_C
Super User

Hello Tim,

I went ahead and deleted them for you through the moderator system. I can't tell whether it's possible for regular users to remove files (which if not, is questionable).

Tim42c
Helpful | Level 6

Thanks for the quick reply and removal, Nate.

I'm normally fine with sharing, but learning the original filenames with personally identifiying information and the full size image was stored (with download capability) was completely unexpected. Yes, of course, people can download/save images they can see, but downloading a blurry 50x50px avatar, is quite different from source photo with personal data in the filename and the full resolution original headshot.

Before posting the question, I made two extensive searches for removal in every profile and settings options I could find. Thought it must just be buried somewhere...but finally gave up.

Thx again for your help.!

-Tim

JAcqi12
Explorer | Level 4

yes delete them

JAcqi12
Explorer | Level 4

I had the same problem

Tim42c
Helpful | Level 6

Perhaps @Ed and @AlexisL would comment to confirm the ability (or lack thereof) for regular users to delete their photos from the Dropbox Forum?

P.S. Speaking of images, the "Drag photos/files here" image (https://mxpez29397.i.lithium.com/skins/images/none/img_dragphoto.jpg) that is below the reply text input field is showing as missing/404. 

Ed
Dropboxer

Hey @Tim42c - yeah, deleting posts is not enabled to users at certain levels - You can edit it though 🙂

Is there a post you'd like to be deleted?

Ed G
Community Manager @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Tim42c
Helpful | Level 6

Thanks for the reply, @Ed, but not trying to remove a post. I was trying to remove photos stored when I was adding Avatar images. Steps to reproduce are spelled out in the first part of this thread. 

JAcqi12
Explorer | Level 4

solved the problem thank you

Ed
Dropboxer

I see @Tim42c - can you delete it from this page? https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/media/gallerypage/user-id/211759/tab/all

In theory this will have a checkbox besides each image and allow you to remove them. Let me know if that's not visible for you.

Cheers

Ed G
Community Manager @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Ed Dropboxer
    Tim42c Helpful | Level 6
    JAcqi12 Explorer | Level 4
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?