cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We want to make our Community work for you and we need your help. Take our short survey!
Close

About the Dropbox Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to delete my posting from the Community?

Highlighted

How to delete my posting from the Community?

Advanced Collaborator | Level 15

Sorry, this has nothing to do with Dropbox features.

How can I delete my posting from the Community page once I post it?

I know how to "edit", but not "delete."

Thank you.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: How to delete my posting from the community?

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Thank you for your kind response Meg! 

Following up with your request, currently users don't have the ability to delete posts in Community.

We'd be glad to delete anything you wish from the Community on our end though. Just let us know which post. If you have made a mistake, you can always edit the content of your post. Even delete all the content of your post. We will see it and get rid of it for you. 

Thanks for posting about this @jazzmeg1

See you around in Community. 

Fiona
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
 Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
 Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11
Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hello @jazzmeg1. Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I can see that the option is missing and I am going to look into fixing this for you. Since the option to delete your post does not appear on your end, I can also help end delete the post/comment for you. Just let me know.  Thank you! 

Fiona

Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Highlighted

Advanced Collaborator | Level 15

Thanks!! It would be helpful if we had an option to delete our posts.

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Thank you for your kind response Meg! 

Following up with your request, currently users don't have the ability to delete posts in Community.

We'd be glad to delete anything you wish from the Community on our end though. Just let us know which post. If you have made a mistake, you can always edit the content of your post. Even delete all the content of your post. We will see it and get rid of it for you. 

Thanks for posting about this @jazzmeg1

See you around in Community. 

Fiona

View solution in original post

Highlighted

paper/google doc/google keep/journal archive solution

Helpful | Level 6

Id like to delete this question but couldn't find delete button, could someone show me how its deleted? I find it very suspicious that there is no delete button, you are technically very skillful to make a great app as Dropbox but just forgot delete button? what is the strategy behind it could you please ascertain because I kind of find this irritating to have to write this post for my post to be deleted. It's disrespecting the evolution of the customer to not empower them to delete their own post, Id like to be informed on the reasons underlying this decision to omit delete function and urge you to please add it asap 

thank you

Highlighted

Re: paper/google doc/google keep/journal archive solution

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hey there @ceyhun242, I hope you're well today!

I've just moved your post here as it seems that you have the same question as the OP.

At the moment, you would only be able to edit your response with the "..." in the top right corner of your posts.

However, as mentioned above by Fiona, I'd be more than happy to help if you'd like to remove a previous post of yours. Are you referring to this thread perhaps?

Let me know - thanks!

Daphne

Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 6

No Id like to keep that thread and actually would be happy to receive a response to it..

Could you please disclose the strategic reasons as to why you decided to omit addition of "delete" functionality to the posts? Don't you think users own their content and should be able to either edit or delete as they wish? It seems to be sort of an infringement of personal space since the post should belong to the OP and be subject to whatever his/her wish to do with it. Are the posts we share here are the property of Dropbox? Could you share a link to your TOC containing this article?

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 6

I'd appreciate it if I could receive a response to my recent post. Thank you 

Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @ceyhun242, thanks for your question on this. 

@Fiona's post outlines the options available on the community platform at the moment.

Currently, users have the option to edit their posts, including deleting all of the post content if you wish to remove it. 

You have raised some really interesting points over this configuration and I'll take that to the wider team to consider changing this setting to improve the experience. 

Highlighted

How to remove/delete my message from this community?

Helpful | Level 5

Hello,

Have a nice day. 

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?