Update: Find information on Dropbox support during COVID-19 here
Close

About the Dropbox Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

I'm getting an error when posting on the Dropbox Community. Any ideas?

Helpful | Level 6

Every (!) post I make on this forum (thru rich text tab) is refused because "invalid HTML was found in the message body".  I have to look at my post in the HTML tab and remove some "hit_a_link_blinkextension_container_mg_mouse_gestures"  in there, I did not place there? Why is that html there? Why do I have to remove it in (the) html-editor of the forum?

Knipsel.JPG

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: forum error?

Helpful | Level 6

I have found the culprit (if thats a word).

Knipsel.JPG

I have an extension (add-on) in Firefox, it is called "simple mouse gestures". Somehow it inserts that bla-bla in the text box here on dropbox forum. It might be an idea to put this in some sort of FAQ?

View solution in original post

12 Replies 12
Highlighted

Helpful | Level 7

You're not alone.

It was my first post here so I assumed I'd just done something wrong. In fact the first post got rejected and marked as spam, I had no warning that time. It was when I tried again with a new post that it gave me that warning. It claimed to of removed the HTML itself without me noticing what it was.

Super Collaborator | Level 20

In my case, from time to time, some 'strange' formatted messages get post, behind me, with many HTML tags added, without any warning. There was also few times, the noted warning gets bring up.

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hi All!

Thanks for your reports. 

Could you let me know if you're still experiencing issues with this when posting on our Community?

Have you performed some basic troubleshooting like clearing your browser's cache, trying to post from an incognito window without any plugins or extensions running and/or another browser completely?

If you have and still get those errors, please forward us some screenshots so we can look further into this. 

Thanks a bunch! 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Super Collaborator | Level 20

Hi @Walter,

Here I just repeat something I have told to you, already earlier, in another thread. Just a recall. Nothing changed since!

ADD: Seems Dropbox QA didn't test on all "supported" web browsers!

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 7

Yes I've not had a repeat. It was a one off, the first time I posted. Since then its been fine.

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 6

I can not delete a message. I tried

Knipsel.JPG

Than edited that text and typed this message. And that blink extension thing was there.

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 6

(testing reply.)

It also has the blink-extension (twice actually!) . This is FIREFOX, now switching to explorer.

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 6

This is Explorer. It does NOT have any blinkextension in the HTML when I post a text.

So, its a firefox thing.

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 6

I have found the culprit (if thats a word).

Knipsel.JPG

I have an extension (add-on) in Firefox, it is called "simple mouse gestures". Somehow it inserts that bla-bla in the text box here on dropbox forum. It might be an idea to put this in some sort of FAQ?

View solution in original post

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Need more support?
Polls
Have you been keeping up good habits while working from home?
We've created a working from home cheat sheet to help keep up on those habits, check it out here.