cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about apps and Dropbox integrations to make working from home easy here!

About the Dropbox Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: No edit feature in new Community view

Здравко
Super Collaborator | Level 20

Hi @Sheena,

Yes, I have noticed some changes and have tested the example on previous page few days ago. By the way, you haven't included the corner case (triggering the bug) in your example! 😁 Anyway... seems fixed.

Thanks, for your hard works! 🎉👌 ... and congratulations for your competencies. 😉

Excuse me for any possible bothering...

Again, thank you. 🙂

PS: You have to work some more for complete fix all emoji. 🎉🤷

Здравко

Hi @Sheena,

Can I engage you in something strange I just noticed?! Again, hope yes. 😉

For some reason I appear permanently online, even when I'm NOT logged in my account!!! To be sure that I'm not logged in on any device, I have cleared all possible browser sessions:

изображение.png

As could be seen, the only session left is the current one. After I logged out the last session and got in my forum account page on the same browser, it appears I'm logged out, according "Sign in" button (1), and I'm logged in, according the color mark (2) in the same time:

изображение.png

Why is this for? 🤔 Today I have noticed this for first time. Is a bug kidding the users? 🧐

Thanks in advance!

-_Wolfy_-
Helpful | Level 5

Hi @Здравко,

I can see that you are offline currently and I am not able to reproduce that bug from my profile either 🙄, could it be your browser keeping cached pages locally?

Firefox 86.0.1 (64 bits)
Screenshot_1.png

Здравко

Hi @-_Wolfy_-,

Thanks for posting! 😉 Yes, some time a while after I did my previous post on this thread, the issue got fixed itself. In the same way like got appear. Probably some temporary glitch on the forum.

@-_Wolfy_- wrote:

...🙄, could it be your browser keeping cached pages locally?

If you have a look on the page structure, you might have seen that's impossible. Both "Sign in" button and color mark are integrated part of the basic page. They are NOT parts of embedded frames nor supplementary reusable resources which could be cached. The button is a trivial link (added solid stiles) and the mark is just a span-tag (stiled again). If there is something cached, it definitely can't be within user browser! Could be in the server script, at most (if we assume cache, issue; I'm not stating this). Anyway... the issue got away, as I mentioned and let's hope will never get back. I believe there is still some trace, and this signal could helps forum' developers prevent further problems.

Everything good to you!

Здравко

изображение.png

Lusil
Dropboxer
Hey @Здравко, sorry for the late reply. 

Since we're not getting the same behavior on our end, it could be that it's a web delay. 

Could you let us know if this happens regardless the browser you're using, or if you've tried clearing the cache?

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Здравко

@Lusil wrote:
Since we're not getting the same behavior on our end, it could be that it's a web delay

Hi @Lusil,

😃🙂Are you sure? Did you try it? What do you mean "web delay"? 🧐

Just post in few threads (that's you work anyway, so should not be an issue), including likes to some other users posts, and take a look immediately on how many posts get in on time in your post numbers and in likes numbers of liked users accounts. 😉 The same is very noticeable for a new user on first post or first liking received!

@Lusil wrote:
Could you try let us know if this happens regardless the browser you're using, or if you've tried clearing the cache?

🤷 @Lusil, @Lusil,... You haven't read my previous post, seems, or can't understand what's there! Ok, those "symptoms" aren't affected by used browser and/or device. Of course, you can't see the same on the same place, due to big delay (as you mentioned - currently I too can't see the same 😜)! All started when you (development, I mean) introduced a new "feature" (for once again) of caching events! I can't find where was the post right now; read some @Sheena's posts above. The idea was caching to affect only main events stream, but seems there are bugs, and the caching appear on many different places inconsistently. As I mentioned browser cache can't get in here. Please ask some colleagues to explain you why is this so. Complete explanation would be too long for a single post, if you can't understand the above. In short, since both parts are on same resource (same HTML, more precise), this same resource can't be "half cached". It's either cached or not! 😉 Any browser can't be guilty for such a thing in any way (might be if we are talking for two thing transferred in two independent transactions, so one could get cached but other not). By the way, the main frame body get always refreshed in most browsers, so if there is a "web delay", it will affect nested resources; here we observe just opposite! 😁 Could the browser be guilty (including caching)? Be more careful when state something; that's why many users complain with ability of your colleagues to read. Just read around the forum. Please, don't join in this set. Thanks. I don't ask for help; this is just a bug signal. Signal for server's inconsistent caching, not browser one!

Hope this clarifies matter or provoke your curiosity, at least. 🙂

Sheena
Community Manager

Hi @Здравко, some components like that one on the profile page, are cached on the server side for up to 24 hours, as they would affect the site performance if they were updated live.

Sheena
Community Developer @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Здравко

Hi @Sheena,

Ok 🤷 You know...

Here, I'm just signaling for side effects of this caching leading to inconsistent results, nothing more. You better than me know what you can do. 😉

One thing you can do for sure, is teaching your colleagues what's web browser caching and situations where such caching can matter. Most of Dropbox community moderators just say "clear browser cache" where matters and where not. And this throughout entire forum. Just take a look. One thing can matter - one fast course. 🙂

Have a nice day! 👍

Poll
How do you get refocussed while working from home? Do you find any of these options keep you from getting distracted?
Need more support?