cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We want to hear from you. What do you use Dropbox for?
Close

About the Dropbox Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Replies/Posts in the Community are being marked as Spam.

anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Dropbox!

I currently started using Dropbox Community to help others. When posting a reply to a post, it was removed due to "Spam." This was my second reply to the Dropbox Community, ever, and it was marked as spam? I checked your Community Guidlines and I have not violated any. Could you see if there is some sort of block on my Community Profile? And if so, could you please remove it?

3 Replies 3
Highlighted

Re: Replies/Posts in the Community are being marked as Spam.

Super User II
Super User II

Perhaps it has something to do with replying to old threads with duplciate information, or possibly deleting and recreating multiple forum accounts over and over.

Highlighted

anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @Rich!

Is there a way to stop this or no?

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 5

I don't see that you got any resolution in this thread; did you find one anywhere else?

I'm having the very same issue and so far I'm having no success even getting it acknowledged never mind fixed. I posted a question yesterday (asking a detailed and fairly dry technical question -- nothing remotely spam-ish as far as I can see) and was suprised to find it got marked as Spam. I can still see my post (if I'm logged in) but I'm not sure anyone else can.[1]

At the top of my post there is now a yellow banner containing the message:

Marked as spam. If you believe this is an error, submit an abuse report.

Despite the wording of that message, the "abuse report"link at the end seems to go to the same page one would use to  report a message as being spam (i.e. inappropriate) in the first place. That is, it points to what I think is the very same place pointed to by the "Report Inappropriate Content" link available when reading a post. In other words, it appear to point a page intended to report spam, not to report the inappropriate reporting of spam. However, the instructions say that's what to us, so I did. But I got no reply.

So I then used Chat support (I have a DropBox for Teams, Advanced account) but they were unable to help either. And I've just now tried again to report the problem using the "abuse report" link mentioned above.

If you did get a solution, can you say what it was?

If not, then I feel your pain! And I'll report back if I figure things out at my end.

[1] Here's my posts's permalink in case anyone wants to see if they can see it. However, I suspect, as I say, that it's visible only to me and everyone else will just get to a page saying "Message Not Found" message and a red banner saying the page is not available.

Polls
Do you know how to organize your files and folders?
<b>We have created a guide on folder best practice, so you can get organized now <a href="https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Business-Tips-tricks/Folder-structure-best-practice/m-p/428456#M39"><u>check it out here</u></a>.</b>

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?