Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

yes

2FA never works with Dropbox

Explorer | Level 3

Hello!

I have never been able to get 2FA working with dropbox. I always get an "invalid code" error message if I try to login into dropbox.com on a "new" browser (same with using incognito/private mode for tests).

I had the same issue with my 2 android phones. 2FA just didn't work and I had to use the android app notificaiton function to get access when I tried to connect the second phone.

I've had the same problem with Google Authenticator, andOTP and Aegis Authenticator (new authenticator app for Android).

I have sms 2FA as a backup, so I guess I wouldn't ever lock myself out, but I would still prefer to have 2FA working properly.

3 Replies

Re: 2FA never works with Dropbox

Dropboxer

Hey there @amalthea, thanks for reaching out and sorry to hear about this. 

Could you please forward a screenshot of the error message you get so that I can get a better understanding of the matter at hand?

Also, as you've already done some testing on your own, would it be OK if I reached out to your Dropbox associated email address so we can work on it together? 

Thanks!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Explorer | Level 3

Hello!

Here is the releavant screenshot: The screenshot refers to a login attempt via private mode in my browser. I have enabled 2FA and added the dropbox to my authenticator (via QR).

However the 2FA code from the authenticator is never accepted and I have to use the alternative acces via in-app notification. In-app notification works fine (i.e. I can login after I approve the login access attempt), but 2FA from the authenticator code never works. This has happened on multiple Windows devices. As far I remember, I had the same problem when I tried to add a secondry android phone.

Feel free to reach out via my dropbox account email.

Cheers!

Dropboxer

Thanks for the additional information @amalthea - much appreciated!

I've just sent you an email so we can work on this together.

Take a look at your inbox (ticket ID:9071301)and we'll take it from there. Thanks!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Manage Account

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

2FA never works with Dropbox
3 Replies
0 Likes
Solved! : See solution
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post