Announcements
Do you have an idea for Dropbox Paper? Share it with us here!

no

Highlighted

A disturbing email I recieved

New member | Level 1

Hello, I have received an email from Dropbox which is driving me crazy! They're saying that, in less than thirty days, I will loose 48GB promotion I had with my Samsung device unless I upgrade to Dropbox Pro.

First of all, I did not know about any Samsung promotions. when I signed up with Dropbox, I fulfilled certain requirements which earned me 50GB FREE FOR LIFE!!! There was NO CATCH, NO PROMOTION!! these requirements include downloading the software on my PC, getting the app, referring someone else, etc. Why in the World am I loosing my space??? This is Frustrating. Someone explain this to me!!

Tags (1)
10 Replies

Re: A disturbing email I recieved

Experienced Collaborator | Level 12

Odds are that email is a hoax.

New member | Level 1

New member | Level 1

That's what I thought, but when I logged in to my account my notification tab said a similar thing. I wonder if they're talking about the carousel app

Experienced Collaborator | Level 12

It may be that you signed up With the initial "promotional" 48G + 2G but it was not clear that the

promotional space was limited to a 1 year time period.  Did you sign up 11 months ago?

New member | Level 1

Hi 

I too am getting the same stupid message that's worrying me too. I've had dropbox over 55GB for years, just like you.

Problem is, I got a new phone and it say that my upgrade is expiring, and I'll lose all my space.

I was awarded the extra space years ago, before anyone even knew what dropbox was. Please help alleviate my fear Dropbox, that I'm going to lose the space I have been given because I connected my phone to my original dropbox account!!???????

New member | Level 1

Finally!! I'm not the only one! There was never a promotion from the beginning. I've had Dropbox for about two years and my entire life is in it. They can't do this!! 

New member | Level 1

></p>

Dropboxer

Hi Nathanael, 

If you had an eligible Samsung device and completed the necessary steps you would have been able to claim the promotional 48GB of space. 

This space was not for life, and the expiration date depends on the type of device you have. 

You can see how much space you have earned by clicking on "View all space earned" here: 

https://www.dropbox.com/account#persona

You can read about what happens when your promotion expires here 

Hope that helps!

Super User II

They can't do this!! 

They can. Because when you set up the Promotion (by following the prompts on the phone) you accepted and agreed the T&C's that stated it would happen.

Dropbox have never offered 50gb for free. You've misread it. 

PenguinPenguin - Penguin - Penguin - Penguin

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Arrows Counter Clock Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Manage Account

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

A disturbing email I recieved
10 Replies
7 Likes
Dropbox Design Research
Do you use Dropbox Paper?

If so, we're starting a design feedback group and we'd love for you to be a part of it. We have paid feedback opportunities - both in person and remotely - for English speaking users based in the US.

Interested? Take the short survey to let us know.

Take the survey
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post