Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

no

Accessing an old drop box account

New member | Level 2

I had an old drop box account associated with my pervious job email address. I do not have access to that email but would like to access those files. How can I go about resetting my password and have the reset password link go to a new email address? 

2 Replies

Re: Accessing an old drop box account

Star Collaborator | Level 17

Hi @SerrenaAJ,

Unfortunately, without at least one of: your old Dropbox account password or access to the old e-mail account, you can't do anything and your account is lost. disappointed but relieved face Sorry!

Re: Accessing an old drop box account

Dropboxer

Hi there @SerrenaAJ

Let's see what we can find!

If you don't have access to the email address associated with your Dropbox account, but you remember your password, you should still be able to log in to your Dropbox account. 

If you are, change your email address to one that you do have access to following the steps shown here.

However, if you don't remember the password either, see if you’re still signed in on a computer or mobile device to open your account from there. 

Let me know how it goes!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Manage Account

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Accessing an old drop box account
2 Replies
0 Likes
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post