cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Storage Space

Looking for help with managing the storage space in your Dropbox account? Talk to the Dropbox Community and get advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Annoying pop-up notifications (running out of storage) - How to stop them?

Annoying pop-up notifications (running out of storage) - How to stop them?

renatogdn
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Do any of you know how to stop the VERY annoying pop-up notifications that Dropbox app on Mac keeps on showing every few minutes when you are running low on storage?

This is very annoying and I could not find any info on how to disable this specific notification, as there is no option for that under Preferences/Notifications.

Thank you.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution
There isnt a way I'm afraid

I'm not even sure turning off notifications completely works if I'm honest.

Its been quite a common request for awhile now : https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Share-an-idea/ct-p/101002000

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution
There isnt a way I'm afraid

I'm not even sure turning off notifications completely works if I'm honest.

Its been quite a common request for awhile now : https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Share-an-idea/ct-p/101002000

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hi there @renatogdn, thanks for posting your question on the Forum, & welcome aboard! :sailboat:

Currently, this isn’t available as @Mark mentioned, but I’m more than happy to pass your comments along to the dev team. However, I would recommend checking out how to stop notifications on macOS Sierra as a workaround, although it should stop all notifications. 

Let me know if you have any additional questions & I’ll make sure to get back to you as soon as possible. In the mean time, hope you have a wonderful day ahead! :innocent:

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

fbl
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Is there an ETA as to when this option will become available or it's not in the works?  It's really annoying me too.

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution
Dropbox never release roadmaps of features I'm afraid fbl.

We wont know if/when its coming until it happens.

per02
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I'd love this to stop on my desktop and laptop as well! Please post if changes are made. Thank you.

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey there @per02

I will pass your comments along our dev team for consideration - thanks for this feedback.

In the meantime note that you could probably tackle this by adding more space to your account through referrals bonuses or other promotions or moving files that don't need to sync out of your Dropbox folder. The other way would be to upgrade your account or leaving any shared folders that put you close to your account's overall quota.  

I know it's not much but I sure hope this helps. Thanks for using Dropbox!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

MikeAtKorell
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Well, I suggest you politely ask the team to find a way. Because if you don't, I will stop paying for Dropbox proffessional and go to one of your competitors. It is distracting enough that I have to turn Dropbox off while I'm working, and I am sure you can see the problem with that?

Seriously, what user interface designer has a sections called 'Notifications' in which there are items called "New files synced" and "Opened files and folders", and then makes them not work.

csk983
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

If I had known that DropBox would be this annoying, I would never have used it!  Now I would never even consider upgrading!

PsychClone
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Here you go....

Click on the tiny dropbox icon on your desktop (usually along the top bar). When the menu pops up, click on the settings icon (the little gear wheel), then click "Preferences" then "Notifications", then uncheck all the boxes for which you don't want desktop popup notifications....

https://www.wikihow.com/Turn-Off-Dropbox-Notifications-on-PC-or-Mac

Need more support?