Announcements
Do you have an idea for Dropbox Paper? Share it with us here!

no

Being charged back and forth on both accounts though credit card and Apple ID

Explorer | Level 3

I have multiple Dropbox accounts. I paid for one account say account A on computer since September for Dropbox plus, and I logged on that account on my iPhone. It charged me again on credit card B through my Apple ID which has login email that has Dropbox too. It happens for 3 months straight I just found out today Cos I canceled my subscription on my phone and it sent me an email saying it trying to charged me from my credit card B and I canceled on the webpage recurved the confirmation of cancelation but it charged me again On credit card A from the webpage.

Who can I talk to about this issue? It seems like a bug!

6 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Being charged back and forth on both accounts though credit card and Apple ID

Super User II

It is impossible to charge the same account twice - simply because if its linked to the Apple systems it cannot update/change within Dropbox. BUT what can happen is you have multiple accounts. Especially if you use google emails. This is because mark.mc@ and markmc@ to most services are two different emails, on google it is just one. Same goes for @gmail or @googlemail.

In order to get help, however, you need to email www.dropbox.com/support and log it all there.

Once logged you can track at http://dropbox.zendesk.com

PenguinPenguin - Penguin - Penguin - Penguin

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Arrows Counter Clock Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Re: Being charged back and forth on both accounts though credit card and Apple ID

Explorer | Level 3
Is there a way to call anyone because I need to ask for refund on the false payments yes it charged two of my gmails that have Dropbox and I only meant to pay one. I’ve never logged in The other Dropbox for the past few months but only logged in it’s google account and Apple ID which had linked to that account too. I only submitted my payment on one account on your webpage. But it charged through my Apple ID too for another account I haven’t been used for months!!! It’s ridiculous!!!

Explorer | Level 3
There’s another bug too
I canceled the subscription yesterday morning on your webpage and received a confirmation saying it is canceled but I logged on my phone at night it charged me again at night I didn’t subscribe at allllll I need a full refund on that too and pls remove my payment method from my account I’m not allowed to delete the credit card on Dropbox at all it charged me without my permission

Explorer | Level 3
I can log on support page but can’t log on zendesk Cos I use google login. It doesn’t allow me to log in with google. And if I use the same password of google on this page it doesn’t work at all. Is there a phone I can call or would you open a ticket for me

Explorer | Level 3
Let me describe it again.
I made the first payment by credit card A on account A on September 2nd
It charged me on my Apple ID with credit card b for account B on September 9th without my permission

And on October, both cards were charged on the same day

I never used the account B on Dropbox for the past few months

Again I only meant to pay for account A for 2 months

Now it charged for account A for the 3rd month after I canceled it

It charged me for account B through my Apple ID(credit card B) for 2 months without my permission

I need to ask for refund

Both accounts are gmails and I stored the accounts with google app and also logged in google/gmails on computer too.

Dropboxer

Hi @albertina, I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with this!

I was able to locate your communications with our Support team from the email address associated with your Community profile. I can see that the agent replied back to you recently. 

If you're still in need of assistance with this, can you please reply back to their email and they'll be take it from there. 

I hope this helps - thanks!

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you're experiencing a similar behavior or have a question, feel free to Ask for help from the Community here.]

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Manage Account

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Being charged back and forth on both accounts though credit card and Apple ID
6 Replies
0 Likes
Looking for Dropbox Paper users
Do you use Dropbox Paper?

If so, we're starting a design feedback group and we'd love for you to be a part of it. We have paid feedback opportunities - both in person and remotely - for English speaking users based in the US.

Interested? Take the short survey to let us know.

Take the survey