cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Being charged twice for same account

Being charged twice for same account

Michelleanzures
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

So I have a problem I’ve been trying to figure out for hours. I’ve been going back and forth with Apple iTunes and once with dropbox. I have one account. I use the app on my phone from the Apple store and sync my photos for editing on my laptop. I’ve just now noticed I have double charges on my statements. One from Dropbox for 11.03 and a few days apart there is one from iTunes for 11.02. On both ends they see my charges for my Dropbox plus account and everything looks okay they say. Okay so why am I being charged twice? For one Dropbox plus account? I can’t figure this out and all that really adds up over the year and I’m just wishing someone can give my my money back since I’ve been paying twice. Sorry if this is confusing. Another important note is the only app I pay for in iTunes is Dropbox. So there’s nothing else it could be....

27 Replies 27

albertina
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution
Hi I have the same problem!! Charged twice for 3 months! Who can I talk to???

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@albertina wrote:
Hi I have the same problem!! Charged twice for 3 months! Who can I talk to???

You need to contact Dropxbox Support directly. This is a public forum and billing/account issues cannot be handled here.

Jenn S.1
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I've been charged twice as well. Is it possible to get my money back? I'm confused. Why is this happening to so many people?  Thanks. Jenn 

Fiona
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @Jenn S.1

Sorry to hear about this. 

We have no view of transaction details or Dropbox accounts via the Community, so the best way to address this would be contacting support. They will look into the charges, check if they are refundable and help you understand how this happened. 

Please create a ticket with Dropbox Support for this billing request. 

Thanks. 

Fiona
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

SamHarrison
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution
Hello,

I’m having the exact same problem. I’ve been paying twice for the same account, once through Apple (iTunes) and once directly through Dropbox through PayPal. I’ve taken the issue twice to both Dropbox and Apple and they just keep redirecting me to the other party; It’s becoming very frustrating now. I’ve sent invoices and statements proving that I’ve paid twice for the same service under the same email but to no avail. Surely, since Dropbox is receiving two payments from that email ID (Apple told me they just take a fee as a conduit) something can be done.

Any suggestions?

Many thanks,

Sam

Fiona
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for reaching out to report your experience @SamHarrison

I located the ticket you have with us and I see our agent is waiting for your response to proceed with solving this for you. 

Wish I could personally help with is, but please keep in mind that we are unable to see accounts or support billing requests via the Community, for privacy reasons. 

It is good to have your feedback here though. 

Thank you! Get back to me for anything else you might need. 

Fiona
dropbox.com/support

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

SamHarrison
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution
Thank you, Fiona. The issue is that I’ve been in contact with customer support twice now and each time they just tell me to get in touch with Apple. It doesn’t seem to be getting me anywhere.

I’ve sent a third response to customer support. If they redirect me back to Apple again, I’d appreciate your help moving this issue forward.

Thanks,

Sam

Fiona
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

I got you! 

I understand this experience has been difficult and so I took over your case and just responded to it, to help with this issue. 

You will find my response in your inbox. It's the same email chain you responded to today) :envelope:

I will do my best to explain what happened and help the best way possible. 

Thanks!

Fiona
dropbox.com/support

madisonm_12
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Can you send me an email as well? I am having this exact same issue. Thanks so much! 

Fiona
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Welcome and thanks for reporting. 

I got you @madisonm_12:envelope: 

If you received my email, please respond there. 

Thank you!

Fiona
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?