cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Being charged twice for same account

Being charged twice for same account

Michelleanzures
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

So I have a problem I’ve been trying to figure out for hours. I’ve been going back and forth with Apple iTunes and once with dropbox. I have one account. I use the app on my phone from the Apple store and sync my photos for editing on my laptop. I’ve just now noticed I have double charges on my statements. One from Dropbox for 11.03 and a few days apart there is one from iTunes for 11.02. On both ends they see my charges for my Dropbox plus account and everything looks okay they say. Okay so why am I being charged twice? For one Dropbox plus account? I can’t figure this out and all that really adds up over the year and I’m just wishing someone can give my my money back since I’ve been paying twice. Sorry if this is confusing. Another important note is the only app I pay for in iTunes is Dropbox. So there’s nothing else it could be....

27 Replies 27

HDawson
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi there,

I am also having this problem - being charged twice for the same account. Please can somebody assist?

Kind regards,

Helen

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi there @HDawson; sorry to hear about this.

If you'd like to make sure about this, you can take a look at your account's billing history to see if this is indeed a duplicate charge here: 

If you're still having issues with this though, why not contact our support team to sort this out directly?  Here's a direct link for your reference: https://www.dropbox.com/support

Let us know if you have any questions! 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

kbrimberry
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I have the exact same problem.

I bought two accounts in the past, one for myself for 1 TB and another for my office assistant so we could both use DB.  She left one year ago and I contacted DB to cancel her account, but was charged anyway.  Now I see that DB is going to charge me again for her account.  On my account there will be two charges.  I don't want to pay for the one with her info.

Thanks,

K

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @kbrimberry; thanks for joining this discussion and welcome to our Commnunity!

In your case, I'd suggest trying an incognito window while you're not logged into any account. 

From there, when on this page, click on the 'Need help with a billing issue?' button and submit a Help Request from the relevant option at the bottom of the page and input your payment's information along with an email address we can reach you. 

I hope this gets resolved for you as soon as possible K. 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

lanebx3
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I have the exact same issue as the original poster. I have been being charged twice a month for the same Dropbox account since 2017. One through the apple app and one directly from Dropbox through my PayPal account. I have been trying to reach support for this issue but have so far been told I can only be refunded for last month, even though I have been wrongly charged twice since 03/2017. Can somebody please help me? I have plenty of information I can provide to prove my dilema.

Fergus247o
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
Hi. It appears I’m also being charged twice for the same account. One charge through Apple and the other directly to Dropbox. Suspect it has been happening for some time. How does one claim a refund?

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @lanebx3 and @Fergus247o, thanks for nudging us on this thread. 

As @Walter mentions earlier, to have a better look into this, due to account-specific info that'll be needed, go to this link using an incognito window, without signing in, and fill in the information required. 

Thanks!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

CarlaCase
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
I believe I am being charged twice as well. Directly through you and through iTunes. Help
Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

CarlaCase New member | Level 2
    Lusil Dropbox Staff
    Fergus247o New member | Level 2
    lanebx3 New member | Level 2
    Walter Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?