cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: multiple dropbox accounts

Can I connect two business Dropbox accounts?

rgau
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

I have my own "Personal" Paid Business Dropbox account that I have synced to all my devices. This is a Personal Dropbox account but I pay the annual fee for a Business account as I enjoy the additional features and storage space. 

I am currently doing some work for a client and need to have their company Business Dropbox account synced to my computer, I do not want to un-sync my paid Business Dropbox account.

I tried to use the "Connect My Personal Dropbox Account" feature, however, it tells me I can only connect if I have a personal Dropbox account. 

So, what I am assuming is because I have decided as a personal user to pay for a Business account, I am now not able to access a feature that I need to be able to work effectively with my client!?

Surely there is a way I can connect to my Personal Dropbox account, despite it technically being a Business account?

Please help!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hi there @rgau!

When referring to a personal Dropbox account, this is read as a Basic/Plus/Professional subscription. A Business plan would be read as a work account. 

As the message suggests, currently, connecting two personal (Basic/Plus/Professional) or two work (Business) Dropbox accounts is not available. You can find more info on this here

However, you can keep the Dropbox account that you use for personal purposes logged on your desktop app, and login with the other account through the website - or vice versa. 

Hope this helps to some extent! :nerd:

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hi there @rgau!

When referring to a personal Dropbox account, this is read as a Basic/Plus/Professional subscription. A Business plan would be read as a work account. 

As the message suggests, currently, connecting two personal (Basic/Plus/Professional) or two work (Business) Dropbox accounts is not available. You can find more info on this here

However, you can keep the Dropbox account that you use for personal purposes logged on your desktop app, and login with the other account through the website - or vice versa. 

Hope this helps to some extent! :nerd:

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

stortip
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi, I have this configured - A personal business account - work account; Shows as the e-mail under the name of my company.  Then for the client I configured personal DropBox to that e-mail address.  The client is under the personal DropBox.  Open your admin monitor and set Business and Personal e-mails(two tabs in monitor)

MLFung
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

When will connecting 2 business accounts be available?  

This will be a really usable feature - using web for one and desktop app for the other as a temporary work around is too rudimentary for those of us who work on multiple branches or our small businesses.

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this, @MLFung

The dev team is working on implementing additional improvements, but we don’t have a timeline to share about this yet. 

In any case, I’ve added your comments and passed them along to the team. If you have any other thoughts, do let us know. Cheers!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

maximus1
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

@Lusil 

I'll jump in and put my vote behind such a feature. I don't think it's uncommon for a lot of freelancers to work with several companies at the same time, and Dropbox is a prolific tool.

It's a massive hassle to have to unsync accounts, or have to go through safari, everytime I move from one project to another just because they are in seperate business accounts.

Personally I'd like to have one personal and several work accounts all linked together and synced to my computer, but currently I can only have one of each.

I hope this can be bumped to priority 🙂

kind regards

Magnus

ERM1
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I'm using a VA who works for more than company with business dropbox and has her own personal dropbox.  It's definitely a massive shame that she cannot set this up in a simple fashion without me worrying about my data.  Surely this has to be a priority for dropbox.

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Thanks for the additional feedback here, @maximus1. Much appreciated!

I just also wanted to touch upon something that @ERM1 mentions:

@ERM1 wrote:

It's definitely a massive shame that she cannot set this up in a simple fashion without me worrying about my data.

Other team members won't be able to access your files unless you decide to share them with shared folders or read-only links, although team admins do have the ability to sign in to your account using the Sign in as user option. 

If you have any other queries in the meantime, don’t hesitate to get back to me!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

anita253
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I'm part of a dropbox business account using email-A. I'm also part of dropbox business account using email-B. I see the folders associated with email-A in finder. However the email-B folders/files I'm only able to access via the web. How do I get the folders/files associated with email-B into finder? Within the dropbox associated with email-A there are multiple shared folders with a numerous clients. How do I get finder access to it all?

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey @anita253, I’ve moved your post here, as this discussion should address your inquiry. While this is currently a popular feature request, I can see that Dave’s post here has gained some attention, since it emphasizes that it’s possible to use a different Dropbox account for each user login on your computer. 

I hope that this helps to a certain extent & I’m always here if you have any follow-up questions or thoughts. Thanks!

Jane
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Need more support?