Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

yes

Can I have two basic accounts on one computer?

New member | Level 2

This probably has been answered a few times, though I cannot seem to find it.

I currently have two Dropbox Basic (Free) accounts, I use the 1st as a personal account and the 2nd for work.  I am a small business owner (2 employees including myself) and I am considering upgrading my 2nd account from Basic to Individual Plus.  I do not need the Individual Professional, Teams Accounts, or Business/Enterprise Accounts.  My employee has their own basic Dropbox account, but nothing else.

Here is the question:  Will I be able to have access to both accounts at the same time from my computers and mobile devices?  I do not want to link the accounts, they need to stay separate since my employee has their own personal account.  I would like them to have access to the Plus account, a business sign-in as it were, though not access to each others' personal accounts.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

2 Replies

Re: Multiple Accounts

Super User II
You need to be a part of a Business account to connect the two together I'm afraid.

Note though that connecting them does not merge them. It just means you can access both accounts via the same Dropbox icon.

https://www.dropbox.com/help/business/connect-personal-work

PenguinPenguin - Penguin - Penguin - Penguin

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Arrows Counter Clock Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Re: Multiple Accounts

New member | Level 2

Thank you.  That was what I was expecting.  I think the confusion arose from the names "Plus" and "Professional"; they sound more business than personal while "Teams" sounds more... sporty than business.

Again, thank you.

[This thread is now closed. If you have a similar or new question, you can ask here]

Manage Account

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Can I have two basic accounts on one computer?
2 Replies
4 Likes
Solved! : See solution
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post