Announcements
Do you have an idea for Dropbox Paper? Share it with us!

yes

Can I user a personal account for AA meeting drop box

New member | Level 2

Hi,

I'm a member of AA in the UK and the meeting I attend want to make PDF's available to it's members, it's all news letter and public domain information so we looking to just store the documentments and set them to public access so so we can share links with people.

AA Meetings in the UK are not linked to the charity AA UK, which only covers the cental UK office and the meetings operate on a complely not-for-profit basis, we only raise enough money to cover the rent of the room we use and the tea and coffee. We agreed we would raise the addiotnal cost to cover the cloud storage.

I looked at Dropbox Business, but this is £10 per month per user and the minimum subscription is 3 users, that worked out at over £400 per year, clearly out of our price range.

I've had trouble finding a clear defintion of what an individual is and what a business is, so my question is would a AA meeting as described above be able to use an individual account or would we be classed as a business.

Many thank in advance for your guidance

Darren

4 Replies

Re: Can I user a personal account for AA meeting drop box

Star Collaborator | Level 18

Hi @DarrenF,

I'm not a Dropbox representative, so can't comment price politics. If your target is special offer, public forum is not the best place, definitely.

About the choice between Business or Professional subscription: That's entirely on your preferences. There are some differences, but probably the main one is easier team management for Business subscription. So may be in your focus should be - do you switching your team work on Dropbox platform or just use Dropbox account as an way to share work to the "external world". This will take you up to the best decision (for your case). winking face

You can take a look, for more complete information, on Business and Individual plans.

Hope this helps.

Super User

What amount of space do you mean?

Is it below 2 GB or above?!?!!?

⁉️ ____________________________________________________________________
Falls Ihnen meine Antwort gefallen oder geholfen hat, können Sie mir ein "Kudo" geben oder "Als Lösung akzeptieren" anklicken.
If you like my answer or find it helpful you could give me a "Kudo" or click at "Accept as Solution"

Super User

Hey @DarrenF, there is no problem using Individual subscriptions. As @Здравко said, the choice is up to you. However, remember when using Dropobx as file hosting and sharing files via public links, there is a bandwidth limit: 

• Basic (free) accounts: 20 GB of bandwidth and 100,000 downloads per day
  • Plus, Professional, and Business accounts: 200 GB and unlimited downloads per day. 

New member | Level 2

Thank you everyone for your responses

Manage Account

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Can I user a personal account for AA meeting drop box
4 Replies
0 Likes
Solved! : See solution
Dropbox Design Research
Looking for Dropbox Paper users

If so, we're starting a design feedback group and we'd love for you to be a part of it. We have paid feedback opportunities - both in person and remotely - for English speaking users based in the US.

Interested? Take the short survey to let us know.

Take the survey
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post