cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Storage Space

Looking for help with managing the storage space in your Dropbox account? Talk to the Dropbox Community and get advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Can't sync, not enough disk space (not true...)

Can't sync, not enough disk space (not true...)

Jeroen A.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Hi,

My Dropbox is often unwilling to sync folders to my hard drive. Apparently it thinks that my hard drive is full, which is not the case. I have over 600 mb of free space on my hard drive and the files to be synced are maybe 10 mb max in total...

I have had my files being synced before with much less hard drive space (sometimes lower than 1 mb) and then indeed it gives the same error.. I don't see why it gives this error now.

It has been doing this for about a week now switching between this error and working just fine. I can't find the reason why sometimes it gives this "error".

Thank you for any advice.

Jeroen

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rick_M
Experienced | Level 13
Go to solution

1) run CCLEANER  - https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download

2) You MUST use dropbox to successfully "move" your dropbox folder: "Preferences" Account tab "Location" - but external drives are not supported and I have never tried to put dropbox on a different internal drive.

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you're experiencing a similar behavior, feel free to start a new discussion in the Dropbox Community here.]

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

DD1
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi Jeroen

Are you using Mac or Windows? Windows sometimes isn't exactly accurate with these numbers. I'd recommend clearing the recycle bin and cache folders in that case. 

Also, are you sure that it's only trying to sync the files you want it to sync? Perhaps the earlier syncs are still queueing? You can make sure by letting the client show "up to date" before you add additional content.

Hope this helps.

Anastasios p.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Dear all, I have the same issue!

I have over 90GB of free space (ample) and dropbox is stuck in syncing for a month now while giving the same error. This is Unacceptable! Please advise how to get this fixed. (runnng on Windows 7). Something tells me it is also related to some large files that need syncing (i.e. 6gb), but dropbox won't sync even the small ones that are pending.

kind regards,

Anastasios

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

Do you have multiple hard drives? Do they all have enough hard drive space on?

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Trinity C.1
Collaborator | Level 9
Go to solution

Dropbox normally must install only on your boot drive. So it is your boot drive that must have enough space. Dropbox desktop client must be running. Reinstall with the full-installer.

Anastasios p.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Thanks for the comments guys! Here's the scoop:

1. My C drive (ssd) is almost always nearly full. Dropbox is installed on that drive

2. My D drive (hdd) has ample space. Dropbox folder is on that drive. 

According to what you are saying:

A. Can I install Dropbox on the D drive and be OK? or

B. Must I have Dropbox on the C drive with ample space on that drive, even if the dropbox folder is elsewhere?

Many thanks,

Anastasios

Rick_M
Experienced | Level 13
Go to solution

1) run CCLEANER  - https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download

2) You MUST use dropbox to successfully "move" your dropbox folder: "Preferences" Account tab "Location" - but external drives are not supported and I have never tried to put dropbox on a different internal drive.

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you're experiencing a similar behavior, feel free to start a new discussion in the Dropbox Community here.]

Need more support?