Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

yes

Canceling my account and getting a refund - Please Help!

New member | Level 1

I just downgraded my account 2 days ago (Jan 30) after being charged $99 on my credit card on Jan 18th. I want a refund of the $99 (or a prorated amount) and I can not find info to call Dropbox customer service anywhere.

PLEASE HELP!

106 Replies

Re: Canceling my account and getting a refund - Please Help!

Super User alumni

No refunds are given I'm afraid, there is a free account and a monthly subscription as an alternative to committing to the annual plan, so no refunds are given.

You can contact support on www.dropbox.com/support but I doubt they will tell you any different.

New member | Level 1

You could always speak to your bank & request a charge back.

Super User alumni

You could always speak to your bank & request a charge back

Which would be fraudulent, as Dropbox isn't refusing to fulfil the purchase.

New member | Level 1

You could argue the same for dropbox, as it would be acting unconscionably by way of it using its 'big business' position by not providing or allowing this in their contract. I don't know about elsewhere but in Australia it is actually illegal for businesses to state 'No Refunds are given'. At the very least they should provide a pro-rata system of rebate. And this is irrespective of their 'free' services.

New member | Level 1

My exact problem!

cancel a paid montlhy contract

New member | Level 1

what happen if I want to cancel my paid account? what is the minimum amount of months I have to pay before I can cancel my paid account? and once I have cancel it can I reopen it again or do I needto register with new user? for my use I would need to share dropbox like twice per year and I was wondering if I still need to paid for it yearly or just the months that I need it. and what happens to the files if I stop to pay my account?

Re: cancel a paid montlhy contract

Super User II

You can cancel your subscription at any time. If you were to upgrade to a monthly Pro subscription today you could cancel it tomorrow. You would then remain a Pro subscriber for the remainder of that subscription period (1 month in this example) and your account would not automatically renew again. When it came time to upgrade again, you would just go through the same process with the same account.

If when your subscription runs out you have more files in your account than it is capable of holding, then syncing will be disabled until you're back below your quota. Your files will not be deleted and will remain accessible through the website.

New member | Level 1

Same here. No email was sent to inform us that another recurring $99 will be billed!!!!! Totally disappointed

How can I get a refund of Dropbox Pro?

New member | Level 1

Hi!
I signed up for Dropbox Pro earlier this morning, and tried canceling an getting a refund, but it doesn't seem possible. Do you not have a grace period for this?

Manage Account

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Canceling my account and getting a refund - Please Help!
106 Replies
30 Likes
Solved! : See solution
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post