cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Do you have an idea for Dropbox Paper? Share it with us here!

yes

Re: I hate dropbox and want a refund

New member | Level 1

I have. I spoke to Jake. Just got another $85 charge on my VISA. I am ONE person trying to download a novel being read by three people and I keep getting notices that my "dropbox is almost full," and, last summer, I thought I might need a business account. I invited my partners to join dropbox business but they never did because they have found a way to add more memory. I have never used dropbox business. I cancelled within the week of signing up. Of course you will say it's my fault. But I want OUT!!!!

Super User II

We cant help. This is a user supported forum. 

The only people who can are Dropbox themselves. 

PenguinPenguin - Penguin - Penguin - Penguin

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Arrows Counter Clock Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

New member | Level 1

Jeg vil gerne sige mit abonnement op.

Re: Refund?

Explorer | Level 3

Hopefully they will give me a refund. Ever since I bought Dropbox Pro 4 days ago, in order to place my 500gb on Dropbox, it is literally taking days for just a few GB to upload. I am only at about 4% of what I need to upload, battling constant problems with the Dropbox website and also the Desktop app. Customer service entirely ignored my request for a refund and didn't even comment on it. And now it has been a day or two without a response. 

Super User II

500gb is a MASSIVE amount of data and will take a long time to upload. A few weeks would be my guess. 

Note that, however, it WILL get faster as the small high overhead files are done first. 

Also, remember that you signed up to T&C's which said no refunds and had used a fully working version before buying it.

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Arrows Counter Clock Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Explorer | Level 3
I agree it is a large amount, but I don't agree it should take days just for my photos, which is only a few GB. Most of my data is video.

Also, when I had the free version, I could upload faster for some reason. I think I read elsewhere that someone else had this problem.

On top of all that, I was told I cannot transfer large amounts of data or many folders at once using the website, yet when using the Desktop app, I am limited in amount by how much data fits on my computer (which I don't have that much).

Furthermore if I were to remove any files from the computer, I would lose them from Dropbox. Appears there is no option to do otherwise?

And finally, when using the desktop version, it is not only slow, but incredibly much slower than when uploading directly to the website.

Everywhere I turn is a loss with Dropbox. Totally unsatisfied. Most businesses whose customers are completely unhappy offer a refund, especially when I wrote them after the 1st day. But apparently Dropbox thinks word of mouth advertising is not important.

Regarding that I agreed to Terms of Service of no refund, I would say that most Terms of Service are so incredibly long and drawn out that nobody even has time to read them anymore.

And it's not as if I used the service for a few weeks and uploaded a bunch of data and then asked for a refund. I literally couldn't get done what I bought the product to do.

Super User II
@CarteFamily wrote:
I agree it is a large amount, but I don't agree it should take days just for my photos, which is only a few GB. Most of my data is video.

It will have been creating the folder structures first and uploading all of the files from smallest to largest - so it will be doing that and then moving on to larger files.

@CarteFamily wrote:
Also, when I had the free version, I could upload faster for some reason. I think I read elsewhere that someone else had this problem.

The upload speed doesnt change. At all. What does though is the volume of data (obviously) and so indexing etc. which can take time. 

@CarteFamily wrote:
On top of all that, I was told I cannot transfer large amounts of data or many folders at once using the website, yet when using the Desktop app, I am limited in amount by how much data fits on my computer (which I don't have that much)..

Thats always been a very well documented restriction. The website uploads have always been limited (regardless of account).

@CarteFamily wrote:

Furthermore if I were to remove any files from the computer, I would lose them from Dropbox. Appears there is no option to do otherwise?

Thats incorrect. You can use Selective Sync (once they are uploaded!) to remove folders from your device: www.dropbox.com/help/167

@CarteFamily wrote:
Everywhere I turn is a loss with Dropbox. Totally unsatisfied. Most businesses whose customers are completely unhappy offer a refund, especially when I wrote them after the 1st day. But apparently Dropbox thinks word of mouth advertising is not important.

Regarding that I agreed to Terms of Service of no refund, I would say that most Terms of Service are so incredibly long and drawn out that nobody even has time to read them anymore.

And it's not as if I used the service for a few weeks and uploaded a bunch of data and then asked for a refund. I literally couldn't get done what I bought the product to do.

Without being funny if you dont read the T&C's then thats not Dropbox's fault is it? 

Dropbox does everything its always done, it isnt their fault that it doesnt do what you expect it to do - even though its doing exactly what its supposed to do and always has. 

Explorer | Level 3
You are saying the speed doesn't change. But I have witnessed it take a significant amount of time compared to the website. I am not even uploading everything, just photos, which it has been days. When I used the website, one folder at a time, it was much faster. I got more folders transferred in a few hours than a whole day via the desktop app.

As far as Terms of Service, I think many would agree corporate terms of service are a joke in this country. But that isn't my main argument anyway. It's just bad business, whatever is technically legal for them to do.

Also, it is a gross understatement to simply say it "isn't doing what I expect". I just want it to function reasonably, which it doesn't. I am not the only one who has brought this up.

New member | Level 2

I feel like Dropbox is conning me. I signed up to 30 days free trial period, to see if it could work for me and my small company, if so then I would get a year of the service. But insted the money was just drawn from my account.

I wrote to the support, that acknowled that an error had occurred since I did not get the 30 day trial period and the money had just been withdrawn.

I did not even get the chance to find out if it was something that worked before they pulled the money(460 euros for a year - it's a lot of money, especially for an independent and small business).

I live in the EU (Denmark), giving me a right to 14 days return. When I wrote with support, they told me there was no problem and I woud get a refund.

When I saw that I had not received the refunded money, I contacted Dropbox again. But the only thing you would do was to stop the supcription after a year, but no longer refund the money. Leaving me to still pay all the money for something I did not want/ or had the chance to see if it could work for me.

They wanted to see a tickit that I do not have and therefore "apologize" by saying that is my mistake when I do not have this ticket.

I never wanted the subscription for a year, I just wanted to test it , I never used the subscription and I feel that dropbox is trying to avoid the mistake made by blaming me simply because I can not find an email with a ticket.  They can see that I have never used the program because I assumed that the error was corrected by them quickly. But no. 

Now they have my 460 euros, which they refuse to retune even though I had been promised that the error would be sorted out. My small company can not afford such an expense on something that can not generate a profit. For me this is a lot of money. Im a new one man company, with focus on/ trying to make a diffrence for women in this world.

How can such a company like Dropbox have such a bad service?

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you're experiencing a similar behavior, feel free to start a new discussion in the Ask a Question section here.]

They make it impossible to cancel the Dropbox Plus subscription!!!

New member | Level 2
I subscribed for the Dropbox Plus free trial but now I realize that I won’t be using it. Immediately after I was charged for the first month subscription I tried to cancel it by following ALL the instructions written on Google Play and on Dropbox itself but there was NO cancellation option anywhere to be found when I went to the “manage” option of that subscription!!! I searched and searched and nothing - they just don’t give us that option!!! I just want to cancel my subscription!!!
Manage Account

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi there,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Canceling my account and getting a refund - Please Help!
108 Replies
30 Likes
Solved! : See solution
Looking for Dropbox Paper users
Do you use Dropbox Paper?

If so, we're starting a design feedback group and we'd love for you to be a part of it. We have paid feedback opportunities - both in person and remotely - for English speaking users based in the US.

Interested? Take the short survey to let us know.

Take the survey
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post