Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

yes

Highlighted

Change Credit Card details

Level 2

Hi Dropbox

I'd like to use an international credit card to pay for my dropbux subscription. The payment pop-up page doesn't allow me to change from UK to Switzerland, where my credit card is registered.

Please advise, thanks.

Regards

Jay

4 Replies

Re: Change Credit Card details

Super User II

You cannot change your billing country on a live subscription. You'll need to cancel your subscription and wait for the remaining time to expire, then re-subscribe using your new payment information.

Cancelling your subscription will not cancel your account or downgrade you immediately. You'll remain at your current account level with all access until your subscription would have expired. At that time, it will downgrade to Basic automatically, and you can re-subscribe.

Level 3

How do I cancel my account and open a new one with new billing and address details?

@Rich wrote:

You cannot change your billing country on a live subscription. You'll need to cancel your subscription and wait for the remaining time to expire, then re-subscribe using your new payment information.

Cancelling your subscription will not cancel your account or downgrade you immediately. You'll remain at your current account level with all access until your subscription would have expired. At that time, it will downgrade to Basic automatically, and you can re-subscribe.

Level 3

I was advised in February that my Dropbox account fee could not be charged to my credit card.  I could not find out how to change my credit card information for the one which had expired.  

I was downgraded to basic, but as recently as 4th March, my credit card was debited for the $9.99 monthly fee.  

I also have to change my email information as I am retiring and no longer using my company email account.  How do I access a means of changing this information?

Dropboxer
Hey there @jdkisiel

In general, you can change your billing information as outlined in this article. If you don’t recognize a Dropbox charge on your credit card, you can look up the email address and payment date associated with it with our credit card charge lookup tool.

If you’re still having trouble with this, you can always contact our Support team for an in-depth investigation. 

Hope this helped to some extent!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Manage Account

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Change Credit Card details
4 Replies
0 Likes
Solved! : See solution
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post