Announcements
Do you have an idea for Dropbox Paper? Share it with us here!

no

Delete my Dropbox space without record !!!

Explorer | Level 3

I redeemed 5g space, and the previous display shows the permanent validity period. Why did I suddenly delete the record now? Customer service also told me the validity period is one year? If it's a year, why delete this record?
Please give me back my space!

13 Replies

Re: Delete my Dropbox space without record !!!

Dropboxer

Hey @h. Leon, thanks for checking in with us. 

In general, you should be able to find your promotions and earned space from your Plan tab via the website. You can find more info about this in this article

I was also able to locate your support request and have made sure to pass your comments along to the member of my team reviewing this for you. They'll get back to you via email as soon as they have more info. 

Keep me posted!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Explorer | Level 3
Now it's my space record that has been deleted. For all Dropbox spaces, you should have background records. Why delete my records? Change the validity of my space?

Dropboxer

Thanks for nudging me back, @h. Leon

Any earned or acquired space can be found in your Plan tab

If you don't see it, could it be that you're signed in on a different account by any chance?

You can ensure this by checking the email address connected to your Dropbox account from your General tab

Let me know what you find!

Lusil

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Explorer | Level 3

It's definitely my current account. I entered the exchange code in 20181018.

Super User II

@h. Leon wrote:

I entered the exchange code in 20181018.

Sounds like it would have been a space increase that was only valid for one year. While some bonus space that you earn is permanent, there's also some that is time-limited.

For instance, if this was a code you acquired from Quicken, it's only good for one year. Renewing Quicken for another year would allow you to earn a code good for another year. This is just one example, of course.

Explorer | Level 3

First of all, no matter how long the space is valid, why delete my space record?
Secondly, I am very sure that my 5g space is permanent and effective. I am a loyal user of Dropbox!

Dropboxer

Hey again, @h. Leon

In this case, I'd recommend continuing the investigation with the member of my team that's reviewing this for you via email. They'll be able to have a better look into this using our internal tools and resources. 

I have made them aware of your comments and can see that they've replied to you. Please check your inbox for their latest message and don't hesitate to get back to them with any additional information. 

Thanks in advance!

Lusil

Explorer | Level 3

I have contacted Dropbox customer service through email. In addition to copying a lot of KB that let me do self-examination, all the rest are my problems. I am very worried that this problem will end in the end. I have provided the time for me to enter the Dropbox space exchange code. I believe that the logs in the background of Dropbox can clearly find all this. In the last year, the Dropbox space is more than 40g. Why is it less than 40g now, and the space log record is gone? Don't you think it's strange?

Dropboxer

I understand that this experience has caused you frustration, however, I'm afraid there's not much I can do here from my end as this is a public platform and account-specific info is needed to investigate. 

Rest assured, my colleague is doing their best to assist you via the email interaction you have with them. 

Thanks in advance once again, @h. Leon!

Lusil

Manage Account

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Delete my Dropbox space without record !!!
13 Replies
1 Like
Dropbox Design Research
Do you use Dropbox Paper?

If so, we're starting a design feedback group and we'd love for you to be a part of it. We have paid feedback opportunities - both in person and remotely - for English speaking users based in the US.

Interested? Take the short survey to let us know.

Take the survey
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post