Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

yes

Re: Deleted files but it still says I have no space

New member | Level 1

I have the same problem here. I deleted all files, also frome the cache folder, and dropbox still keeping teling me there is no space....

New member | Level 1

Continues to tell me there is no space no matter how many files I delete, even when I reboot

New member | Level 2

Same error here and dispite having used Dropbox for many year I have never encountered this before. I therefore think that it must somekind of bug in the most recent version of Dropbox. 

What operating system are you guys on? I'm on Mac-OSx Yosemite (10.10.5)

New member | Level 1
Yeah, what the heck? I just deleted a ton of files and I am still out of space? Not cool. Is this some way of bullying us into buying more space?

New member | Level 1

I am having the same misery and have begun to wonder if the only reason this won't work is because Dropbox no longer wishes to support the free product and wants to make it too miserable not to upgrade to more space.  I mean, they have a right to cancel their free product, but I don't think I would trust a company that would do it sneaky instead of straight out. I deleted a bunch and my usage went UP. Go figure. I link to the account from several PCs and one iPad, and I cleared a cache on one of the PCs and deleted the dropbox app altogether from the ipad. And, It has been well over a week since I deleted the files. I am at the point of thinking I better migrate to some platform that does what it says it will do. Any suggestions?

New member | Level 1

no response, of course, from my message to customer support last week, either

New member | Level 1

Same with me. I just left several folders, deleted large files out of shared folders, cleared cache... nothing. Seems like once you hit the out of space wall, you can't get space back agin. That is really strange.

New member | Level 1

Having the same issue with dropbox and I'm in OS X 10.11. Going to ask from help center. Please share if you find any solution.

New member | Level 1

I have the same problem.  No comments above have been helpful.

New member | Level 2

Dealing with the same problem - cleaned almost all my files and no space anymore? Dropbox witchcraft, I assume... 

Manage Account

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Deleted files but it still says I have no space
115 Replies
227 Likes
Solved! : See solution
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post